Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Load Level Script?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2005 06:42
Sorry, but Im not much of a scripter, so I am somewhat new, alas, im a noobie( aka nub, newbie, nubie, noob, etc. ). So...I was wondering ( not exactly asking if anybody can create one for me...would be nice...or help at least ) if there was a way to, say for example, go back to level 1 on a game once you are on the second level of a game?

Can this be done? Is this something TheDude can accomplish? Or is it another job waiting to be taken by someone else. If somebody can do this for me, Im prepared to send 10 free *unique* textures to the person who creates this simple ( I think ) script. I have plenty of them ( over 180 textures of my own ).

This script is kind of like when in quake 2 ( I assume you've played it by now, or at least some of it ) where you can revert to the previous level.

If you need examples my textures, click the following: http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?FuseAction=ProcessSmartSearch&blKeepCheck=y&blShowCategorySelect

--or--

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/205039

Or if you're really interested in other textures, simple ask me for a screen shot of my work(s), or search on turbosquid for artist name: junoman OR architex.

You are talking to THE dude, I am the dude. T.H.E. dude, there's no other dude like me. The dude is a way of life, you just dont understand.
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2005 11:23
There has got to be somebody to follow up on this thread, c'mon. For real.

You are talking to THE dude, I am the dude. T.H.E. dude, there's no other dude like me. The dude is a way of life, you just dont understand.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2005 21:18 Edited at: 14th Nov 2005 21:20
Going backwards through levels in the real sense cannot be done by default as far as I am aware. So if you have two totally different and separeate levels (e.g. level1,level2) you cant go back. FPSC was designed to be used in a linear fashion moving forwards through levels and only forwards and only directly to the next level in the level order - so its not very flexible

Neither by the way can you have more than one exit or more than one start position in any single level by default I dont believe. (does not ref MP)

It would be advantages to gamemakers if this situatiuon could be made more flexible in future versions and in the mean time I cannot say personally whether or not any of the coders here could advise you further on any scripting workarounds - possibly.

TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 23:14
darn...Well thanks anyways.

TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 23:15
Well, actually, wait a second. I wonder if theres a way to create a new 'marker' element?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 20:28:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 20:28:23