Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Keith's FREE models

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 12:45 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2005 04:38
I thought I'd just start putting these in one place as they were being released. The gun and grenade will be the last models to go here (after I finish with them).

We'll start with the Combat Knife.

-Keith

Oh, and one more thing, I would appreciate any and all comments on how the models looked in FPSC. So feedback would be great, thanks.

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".

Attachments

Login to view attachments
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 12:49 Edited at: 16th Nov 2005 01:04
Here's the Oxygen Tank picture.

Attachments

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 12:58 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2005 04:38
The Propane Tank.

Attachments

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 13:06
could you post some screenshots?

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 14:29
Yes, I can do it later when I get back home to my computer. If you want to look at them now just scroll down through the threads; look for the 'Gas Cylinders', 'Gun Update', 'Knife Final', and 'Grenade WIP' threads to see the latest images.

Tonight I'll consolidate everything onto this thread to make it easier for everybody.

I'm thinking of also creating another texture or two per model (after releasing all of them) in a separate thread, to be downloaded as a .TGA file.

I still have some more tweaking to do on the texture of the Hangun, and the texture/model of the Grenade. Those will be done shortly. I may also do a small building, but I haven't decided yet as I am going to start creating pay models on other sites (they will be of higher quality, and as such will take a bit longer).

I may, from time to time, drop another quick model in here if I see a need for it.

Again, thanks to everyone for having a look.

-Keith

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 21:18
Hi Keith,
I would have replied to your other post, but my hands were tied at that moment.

You need an FPE file for the models to import your entities in the game.
You also need a BMP that is 64x64 pixels for the thumbnail.
They need to be named exactly like your model except for the extension of course.

Here are two examples that will make your OxygenTank3 work in FPSC.

All four files...

OxygenTank3.X
OxygenTank3.BMP
OxygenTank3.FPE
OxygenTank1.TGA

...need to be in the same folder. (that's easiest)

I noticed you named your texture a different name.
I usually have that named the same too.
Again, all the extensions are different, so there won't be any conflicts.
Naming them all the same makes it easier to know what goes with what once your folder gets full.

Hope this helps,

CE

Attachments

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 02:08 Edited at: 16th Nov 2005 02:10
SO CLOSE....

Well, I used your FPE file/example (although I had to tweak the scale up to 600 to make it sizeable). Now, the problem:

The objects show up great, although it showed me that my texture was the incorrect size (I resized it to 512x512), but it would dissappear frequently...only to reappear as I moved (the object didn't dissappear physically, just visually). What causes this?

Are you an artist as well?

It's almost game ready....I can taste it! I just need to resolve that issue. Thanks for your help so far...it was well received.

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 02:41 Edited at: 16th Nov 2005 02:44
VODUN....................Come back!!!!!

You know I downloaded your tutorial on scripting for beginners (me) before it was taken off, I'll have to review it. Are you on probation or something? Looks like the big "M" is gone for a bit.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 04:25
I tried resizing it (scale) too, with no success.
It drops under the floor.
Make just a platform and walk off the edge and you'll see it.

Instead of scaling it, just open up the model and make it bigger there.
Then the FPE will act right when scaled at 100%.
I try to make all my models so they go in at 100% or less, not more.

Making the model bigger will have that FPE file working sweet. (explosion and all)

The tutorial was for FPI Scripts, not FPE.
I haven't done one for FPE, yet.

I won't post resources here anymore.
I was told they were Garbage.
So, no more Scripts, Models, or Tutorials from me.
Not posted here anyway.

I have a jetpack working sweet.
I'm making a Resource Pack with all kinds of goodies that I will have on my site.
I'll let you know when its done.

I only gave you that FPE hoping it would help get you started.
I just modify the ones included with FPSC.
That one used to be a crate at one time.

lol

Laters
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 13:19
Well, thanks for your help so far. I know how you feel about things. I've thought about not posting anymore models here because of not getting much of a response as far as putting models into FPSC. I mean, I don't understand it. I'm giving away decent models for people to use freely here, and for the most part, your response has been the only relevant one here. I don't know why there isn't any 'offical' posting on getting your models into FPSC...step by step.

I kinda feel for Shawn right now, as some have posted that his model package is priced too high. That's just crazy, it is priced to LOW. You see, it's not just how much time can go into creating a viable model, it's also all the time it took to learn how to do it (and all the tutorials I've had to buy). I don't assume that there is nothing to this scripting stuff, I assume it took time as well.

What starts to turn me off here is the people who want all this free stuff, and are unwilling to pay a paltry sum for it. Especially since these models have been made specifically for the users here. Sure there's free models around elsewhere, but are they ready to go into a game engine? Are their creators around to ask questions when there is a problem? There are quite a few things taken for granted here.

We also use the Torque engine for our games, and I (as the artist) use a program called Showtool Pro to see how my models will look in-game. Beyond that, I don't do any scripting/coding; those jobs belong to the other 2 guys on the team. Likewise, they don't do art.

I have been thinking recently about just abandoning ship here, and just making models to sell. Trying to figure out how to get things in-game has just been sucking up too much time.

Thanks again for your help so far.

-Keith

dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 13:39
I know how you feel Keith. I wouldn't worry about ppl who complain about prices. There are always ppl who want something for nothing and will even harass you for it. I think the good news is that there is usually a silent majority who come and look and appreciate without ever really contributing or voicing that appreciation. You just have to know that someone will get some use out of it, and take that as your token of appreciation.

I like your models very much and appreciate the work that goes into them. Because I am just starting out and kind of jumping around from topic to topic, I haven't taken the time to write any concrete tutorials yet. When I have nailed down some particulars enough to write one, I definitely will, because learning through the forums is still a piecemeal business at best!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 13:42
I'd appreciate that. Yes it is piecemeal.

dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 14:02
Here is a beautiful tutorial by DevilDog about getting new objects into the game. Works like a charm every time!

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=56023&b=24&p=1
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 14:05
@ Keith
Did you enlarge that model?

That's what I did.
It should work fine once you edit the model itself.
I hope you don't mind but I had to in order to get it to work.
Don't scale it in the game, but open the model in your modeling program.
Enlarge it there, so it will be the right size at 100% scale or less.

I'm making my pack for sale, and not free.
I spent all my time making that stuff, and for nothing.
They complained about my stuff even when it was free.
How do you think I feel?

It's funny though that none of them offer anything for free, except their complaints.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 15:34
Come to think of it, when I imported one of the character models into TrueSpace (to show ChrisB it could be done), I did notice that she was HUGE on my modeler. That is one of the areas I haven't looked at yet....scale. I'll have to play with that Vodun.

I tried DevilDog's tutorial before, but was only able to import my model so it was visible on the floor. Once you picked it up you see only the original FPSC .45 model. The bit of help Vodun gave me yesterday was the closest I've come to putting a fresh entity into the game.

You know, I was thinking, why don't we start up a 'Modeler's' Thread. Someplace where we could discuss these issues more thoroughly, and perhaps attract more artists. Just a thought.

-Keith

dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 15:45
Ahh. Well, you will need to have a hud.x and a vweap.x model. The hud.x is what the player will be wielding, the vweap.x is what is seen externally.

It sounds like one or another of these files is either missing or referenced incorrectly. If you send me the gunspec.txt and .fpe for the weapon, I will take a look at it for ya.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 15:58
Have to do it when I get home, thanks.

-Keith

Just One Old Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 18:19
Good looking stuff. Anxious to see these "in game". We should get together and talk about some game ideas...

JOOM

JustOneOldMan

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:22:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:22:41