Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / I'm trying to turn blood off (help!)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
SUP! IM NEW TO FPS AND NEED TO FIND A WAY TO TURN OFF BLOOD. I WILL NEED IT EXPLAINED STEP-BY-STEP BECAUSE I AM SUCH A BONEHEAD AT THEESE KIND OF THINGS. THANXZ
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 21:42
there is so little blood to turn off, why??

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI RADEON™ 9550 256MB DDR(<<soon ), 80GB Hard Drive
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 22:29
If he wants to turn of blood then let him turn it off, even if it's so little.

First of all, to turn of blood, you need to do it on every single character that uses blood. I'm going to walk you through one of them only, the rest you have to locate and do on your own.

1. Choose the character you want the blood to be turned off. For this example we use the aiko (sniper) character found in entity library -- scifi -- characters
2. On you harddisk locate the folder where FPSC is installed into.
3. Now open the files\entitybank\scifi\characters folder
4. locate the file called Aiko (Assault).fpe and open it with notepad or whatever editor you use to open txt files.
5. In this file you see a lot of text, the script file for this character. Locate the section called ;decals
6. Under decal you see this:
decalmax = 2
decal0 = red
decal1 = blood
This character has 2 decals called red and blood
7. Remove the red and the blood and save the file andyou're done. You can also replace the blood with other effects see 8.
8. the list of effects can be found in the folder: files\gamecore\decals. All of the folders in there are a decal effect. Just replace the red and blood with decals of your choice for example fire and smoke1. If you shoot at the character now, smore will appear.

Follow all of these steps with the characters you want to change. You may want to back up the original fpe files before editing.

FPSC is way to cool, you can create even more then a fps with it!
Aliengunk
Years of Service
User Offline
thanx! that,ll help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:55:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:55:18