Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Texture mapping for X model

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im using 3D Studio Max 6 and have downloaded a couple of exporters to be able to export directly to the .x format but when I`ve UV textured the 3D model and export it to X and load the object in DBP the texture is all messed up... any suggestions?

(I`ve tried exporting to 3DS but the same problem occurs)

Thanks!

The specific model is included in the attached file (X, 3DS and MAX scene aswell as the textures)

_Coding...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Philip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 14:18 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2005 14:19
There are no known problems with loading *.x models' textures in DBPro at the moment. More likely what has happened is that your exporter settings are wrong and that has knackered the UV coordinates as saved in the *.x file. What 3DS Max exporter are you using? Is it Panda? If so, if you search the forums (particularly the 3D chat forum) you can find lengthy posts on the best settings for Panda.

Panda works well. I say that from experience as all my models are made in Max, exported with Panda to *.x and then loaded in DBPro. They all work ok.

PS: Please can a Mod [reject] this thread? Lets try and keep this forum as tidy as possible for Mike.

Cheer if you like bears! Cheer if you like jam sandwiches!
RiiDii: "I highly recommend Philip's vector tutorials"
P3.2ghz / 1 gig / GeForce FX 5900 128meg / WinXP home
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 18:47
I must agree with The Bear here - this has been mentioned before...

Highdam
Years of Service
User Offline
Philip, I have used another Exporter for the X models, am going to download the panda exporter for max now.. thanks for the comment

_Coding...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 01:09:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 01:09:34