Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Polygon count for custom models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 16:30
Is there a polygon limit for custom made models? Mainly for characters.
Simon Richardson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 22:29
Nope, just all depends what your system can handle.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2005 19:44
Don't mean to bring up an old thread but this all that comes up in a search.

The question is'nt what 'our' systems can handle but what's a good average count that will run on the majority of systems. Ive got things I've modeled for poser/3dmax that are originaly 300k + polys and you can get things down to like 1 k using the "cruncher" in Max. Though not cinamatic quality theres still enough definition to map with a decent skin for in-game play. Is this still to much? could we go higher?

What hes asking is an average you guys shoot for. I'm new to this site but even prior to buying the software I d/l'ed a few of the games people have made here and some run like molasas. Games like this that run slow are useless. I wouldnt play um on my machines much less give copies to people to try and run on their machines.

I hope this explains what us people new to making games are asking. Giving a blanket statement like "Nope, just all depends what your system can handle." is not an answer to what hes asking. If post count mattered on this site, like it may on others for a ranking, I'd of gave you a warning as a mod for useless spam to increase post count.

Lets not chime in, just cause we can click the "post message" input button....Could we get an actual answer from someone that understands whats being asked here?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:40:14
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:40:14