Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Successfull test on Grenade model in-game.

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 17:44
Thanks go out to dpharaoh for making this happen. I have successfully tested my grenade model on the 'terrorstrike' demo level. It will be released when the weapons pack is done in full, and an installer will be added.

Thanks again to dpharaoh, let me know how your 'present' does in game when you're finished with it.

-Keith

Here's a screenshot.

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Just One Old Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 18:12
Congratulations...

/JOOM

JustOneOldMan
doom on cats
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 02:47
not to be mean but it sort of looks like a christmas tree decoration. nice job actually getting a grenade going though. i don't know if your into ww2 or modern day warfare games, but if u are i'm sure you could find a better grenade model. unless thats the design your going for. otherwise i could find a modern day or ww2 grenade model and give it to u.

"In peace sons bury thier fathers, in war fathers bury their sons" - Winston Churchill(i think). "don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining!"
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 02:53
dude, that WAS mean. He made that model, APRECIATE IT! i cant model sh!t for my life, so i think its really good which it is.

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
doom on cats
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 03:05
i was just suggesting that if he wanted a ww2 or modern day grenade i could give him one. his game was called terror strike, sounded like a modern day iraq shooter game, so i was just wondering if he wanted a differn't one. your right that did sound mean, didn't mean it that way though, sorry.

"In peace sons bury thier fathers, in war fathers bury their sons" - Winston Churchill(i think). "don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining!"
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 05:22
LOL. The game was a test demo that comes with FPSC (Terror Strike), it consists of a scene. It kinda does look like a Christmas tree ornament though (wouldn't wanna have one of those hanging from a branch in my house though). It was more of a test to get a half-way decent model into the game engine, and see what it looks like (make sure the polys and textures are correct). That model took me all of about 20 minutes to model and skin, I'm pretty sure I could come up with a more 'modern' day one.

As far as the shape of the grenade body, it is pretty close to the frag grenades I used to throw (maybe a little more squished). The spoon and the fuse housing coulduse some work though, plus the safety pin doesn't have a twist in it (the spoon doesn't have the safety clip on it...you know, the one they never show you in the movies).

So yes, it could be MUCH better (unless I was going for a "Conker's Bad Fur Day" look); but thanks for the critique, that's always helpful.

-Keith

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".
Chronosv2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 05:25 Edited at: 28th Nov 2005 05:28
*points up*

It's explained there. No sense in repeating the origin of Terror Strike.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:31:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:31:11