Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / 3d canvas and segment editor problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi i'v got 3d canvas and have modled an object in it, exported it into the correct file as an .x file format but when i open segment editor and try to use it the object apperas but as soon as i try to move it it dissappears? i can still save it and it appears in the game but as i can not more the object into the correct location in the editor i can not get the whole object in the segment.

dose anybody know what im doing wrong? what do i need to do to get the object to stay in the segment editor so that i can re-position it for editing? i have also tried to export it directly into the game file but it dose not appear, any help would be good.

Cheers
dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 05:48
Carlito, I haven't used 3d Canvas in quite awhile, I can only suggest trying different .x export settings!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 07:19
I never could get the Segment Editor to work.
Everytime I loaded a segment, the thing would exit whenever I clicked anything.
I think mine was corrupted in the download, but since I'm on dialup I'm not doing it again.

TGC does not offer support for the Segment Editor.
It was an internal tool that they released as a courtesy to FPSC users.

If you figure it out, then please let us all know.
Good luck

Whatever you can imagine, you can animate. --- Walt Disney
All too easy. --- Darth Vader
Just do it! --- Nike
dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 13:11
I have been successful with it, just haven't had that problem...

I watched those tutorials through and through and how to make it work tales a little time but it does work quite well if you avoid the trouble areas. You also have to make sure you have a .x model that works... I have been using Milkshape because I have the .x export settings down pat, but I created a simple tunnel segment in Gamespace and it worked out.

So watch those video tutorials!! Very good stuff.
carlito
Years of Service
User Offline
hi all iv done it!!!! yep got it to work, i will let you all know as soon as i have proved the techneque out. cheers for all the help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:32:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:32:55