Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Skeleton.fig and FPSC Character Anims.bip

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am as green as they come to FPSC. I downloaded the files named \"FPSC Character Anims.bip\" and \"FPSC Generic Skeleton.fig\". What do I do with them to start making my own 3D models? There must be a programs that I have to put them into, but there is zero documentation on the matter.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2005 20:20
Yea um you need 3DS MAX, and that only costs, oh, say, $3000 or something, I think? Then you need a $1000 or so plugin called Charichter studio, and then you need to know how to model. Look around and you might be able to find them in Milkshape 3D format. MS3D cost nothing for the first 31 days, and then its like $25. so, the choice is yours... hehe! ! But wlcome to the forum!

Your signature has been erased by a jealious mod.
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
If I'm not mistaken Character Studio is now part of 3DS Max. Not that it means it's cheap though.

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 18:17
ya...i beleive it ships with max 6+

and 7 and stuff get more expensive...

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 18:33
3DS Max is now $3500, and yes it comes with Character Studio.

-Keith

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok! I have the new 3D Studio Max. What do I do with the FPSC Character Anims.bip\" and \"FPSC Generic Skeleton.fig\" to help me make characters that will run in FPSC?
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Did I say something to offend someone? I asked how I can make characters to run in FPSC. Some people posted comments on software and prices. I said that I have the software mentioned. Now there is no reply. Is there anyone here that has the answer to my original question?

"I downloaded the files named \"FPSC Character Anims.bip\" and \"FPSC Generic Skeleton.fig\". What do I do with them to start making my own 3D models? There must be a program that I have to put them into, but there is zero documentation on the matter. "
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I am not going to use these files due to lack of information. Thanks anyway.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 18:56
No ones answering cause this is really 3dmax/character studio question and needs to be asked on the discreet forums. You need to know what to do with the bip file way prior to ever worry about importing it to FPSC. You said you have 3dmax but you didnt say what version. And Keith I have max 6 and it didnt ship with that...maybe 7 on. But problem is your way to general for anyone to help you. A great start( since im taking it you have legit copy of character studio)is click Help>additional help> Character Studio referance and Character Studio tutorial. Follow along with with the material in the tutorials and with the files supplied with the CD that ships with the prog.

If your using a cracked copy of software and can't do these tutorials not many in this forum are going to help you.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 22:04 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2005 22:08
Correction this is a question to a group of people that might have the answer about what to do with TGC files because they may have done it before. Thats all it is. Oh! and not everyone is a pirate. I have the latest version of 3DS Max and 3D Canvas Pro. I am very serious about learning to do it right. Thanks for the info and the vote of confidence.

Have a great day.

Focus!! Must have focus!!!
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 22:16 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2005 23:23
Incense, I can help you. But you need to know that using these files isn't something you're going to master in an evening...

They are for ANIMATING the characters you create yourself in 3ds max to make them compatible with FPSC. First you need a character model, either make one yourself or find free ones on the web at places like Turbosquid.

Then you need to create a biped skeleton in 3ds max. Rather than have me walk you through each step (which would be extremely tedious), just look in max's help section for further explanation. Anyway, create a biped, and "skin" it to your character using either the skin modifier or physique modifier, I prefer physique for standard human characters. This can be a time consuming process depending on your expertise with 3ds max. Once the character is skinned, then you can load TGC's .bip file and your character will have all the animations required for a basic character in FPSC. You can then export your character using the Pandasoft Exporter and use it in FPSC.

Hope this helps.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks!! Your a kind heart and a scholar.

Focus!! Must have focus!!!
Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
hey bond1 I have download the Panda soft Direct X plug in but Idont how to get the plugin in there... how do i get it installed?

Those who fly low hurt least when they fall...
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2005 04:19
I'd be extremely cautious about going to a max forum claiming to own 3DSMax and not knowing what .bip files are.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but others would.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
nevermind i got the plugin installed, does any one have a direct x plugin for IMPORTING x models? If so let me know

Those who fly low hurt least when they fall...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
transient

Quote: "I'd be extremely cautious about going to a max forum claiming to own 3DSMax and not knowing what .bip files are.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but others would."

All kinds of people the world over buy software that they dont know how to use. It is a recent purchase for the purpose of making game models. I cant be expected to know it all in a couple of months. But thanks for your concern.

Even the persn that knows the most started out a novice with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. We all have something to earn.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 11:11:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 11:11:38