Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 15:34
I'm trying to create a view like you are a driver in a car.
Where at the top of the screen in a box there is a mirror (which is a view looking behind you) and the rest of the screen is the main view looking forward.

I have two problems
i) the mirror view is distorted and streched
ii) There seems to be three cameras outputting to the screen

also if I have an over view and a follow object view, how would you switch between cameras?

L8R Dudes
Rob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2002 01:55
I was hoping for some sort of insight!
Milamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2002 14:50
Check the code you posted here. As is, it doesn't work. Look at the 11th and 12th last lines of code. What symbol is missing? Same problem 6 lines above that. To make it easier for those of us without joysticks, can you also modify the program to take keyboard input?

System Specs: AMD Athlon 1700+ XP, GA-7VRX motherboard, 128MB DDR RAM, GeForce2 MX400 64MB VRAM
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2002 22:23
1.I have that problem too. You can't seem to scale the camera output.

2.There seems to be three cameras outputting to the screen because there are three cameras outputting to the screen, 0,1 and 2.

To change between overhead and follow view, just put the camera in different places.

That piece of code gives you the idea of how to do it, it needs to be changed to fit with your code.
Rob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2002 17:57
Hey,

I figured out a diffrent way to change views.

this works farely well. Instead of having many cameras and switching to them, you now have one camera and change the position of it.
I create another camera and output the view to the top of the screen, then delete this camera when the view is changed. unfortunatly thm camera does not simulate a mirror effect.
Anyway this will probably do for the moment.
Milamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2002 18:59
Another trick would be to use a proper mirror surface for your mirror. This gives the added bonus of including the car chassis in the reflection, so you have proper blindspots. Only problems: 1)performance hit 2)hardware support needed

System Specs: AMD Athlon 1700+ XP, GA-7VRX motherboard, 128MB DDR RAM, GeForce2 MX400 64MB VRAM
EgoAnt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2002 22:39
I have been unable to get the set camera to image command to work properly, as well. I'm not certain what I am doing wrong with it. Oddly enough, in the help menu the code that is attached to the command doesn't actually contain an example of set camera to image!
Milamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2002 22:44
Try switching the backdrop on for the camera first, otherwise you will just get a mess. Patch 2 apparently fixes this by having the backdrop on for new cameras as default.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:32:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:32:05