Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Trigger and enemy spawn?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2005 01:01
Is there a way to use the trugger marker to spawn enemy entities throughout the level.. or say.. I wanted the character to fight their way to a key.. when they get the key, it would spawn a second set of enemies to fight back through? This would allow for better level layout design.

Thanks

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2005 22:10
ya..its quite easy, but some designs are held back by FPSC flaws.

first what you need to do is right click on the entitys you want to span, and turn "spawn at start" to no. then set a trigger zone, and put the entitys name in the ifused property.

but, heres where the glitch come into play. the entitys have to be WITHIN the triggerzone, so your probbably gonna have to streach it out.

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 06:24
That done it. Thanks

dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 13:08
Did all the entities have to be in the trigger zone? Remote spawning may also be handy.
q_zero_z
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah they do. But, for some reason, when I apply this they only seem to see me and not attack. They just stand there and look at me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:22:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:22:35