Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Getting Custom 3D models into FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 00:47 Edited at: 28th Nov 2005 01:02
I have been searching the forum for a tutorial on how to get 3D models into the program. I saw it mentioned in another post but can't find it.

I use Lightwave and can export the models to X but I need to know how to get the models and into FPSC in working order!!!

Also can I edit the textures or add new textures to the entity's prefabs and segmants that FPSE came with?
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 06:05
I don't know about editing the textures, but you can add new textures by importing the .X models, and then create a UV map for them.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a tutorial like that, at least one that I can understand. There was one floating around by DevilDog somewhere, it was pretty good.

Got any screenshots of your models?

-Keith

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".
dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 13:14
Here is a collection of useful scripts, the DevilDog is at the top!

http://brooklawnstudios.com/fpscscripts.htm
KiKi
Years of Service
User Offline
Since I've tried to do so I can tell you how to do it, but I dunno if this is the correct way to do, since I got some probs when using the imported model with weapon.

For example:
By default here's the path to the character files folder:

C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\entitybank\ww2\characters

In this folder you can see the X file for each character (without weapon, they will be automatically attached in the Firespot location of the x file later), and each model has some 'fpe' files. You can open this file with Notepad, take a look into it, it has the name of the character, the scale, the behavior scripts, the texture file name and the x file name ect. Try to change some value in this file to learn it yourself (after backup ofcourse)

Now, you'll create a new folder in

C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\entitybank

Name it whatever, and if you like place a sub folder call "character" in that new folder you've created. Like this:

C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\entitybank\Gangland\Characters

When you open FPS again you can see this folder in the Entity Library.

After that, just copy the files in other character folder to your folder. And then replace them with your files, the thumbnails, the x file you've exported, and the dds (texture) file (you can use Photoshop and dds plugin in Direct 9 SDK to save as this format), and change the filename in fpe file. If you do it right, now you can open FPS and see and choose and place your model into your level.

Again, I dunno if this is the good ar the bad way but it work, and FPS Creator staff would have a tutorial for us soon!

For making segment, you can use the segment editor in the download page.
For making prefab you can use FPS Creator itself (search in the FPS tutorial)

I really like this software, very nice. But I hope FPS Creator staff will improve in soon, some more effects and more behaviors..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:51:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:51:22