Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / X file import, ok but not ok ..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I exported my new model to X by Pandasoft exporter (thanks to them) follow the instruction in FPSC site.

I copy and paste the Swat character files to a new folder and replace the swat.x file with my .x file and change the "swat.x" to my file .x in the fpe. Afer that I can choose and place my unarmed character to FPSC. Since it too big I changed the scale value in fpe file to 37.

Evr'ything seem ok, but when I use the weapon template, Bazooka for example. The gun is very small:

I think it was scaled down too with the scale value in fpe. But if I change scale to 100 again my character will be big again.

I've returned to Max and scale my character downto 37%, remake the biped (physiced mesh canot be scaled) and re export it to .x, but the chracter is still big!!! I dunno what's going on.

Do you know someways to solve this problem ?
TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2005 09:23
well if thats the only character oyur using you coudl awlays scale the guns up to fit with your character

maybe :S

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2005 15:13
When you scale or otherwise transform meshes in max you've got to "bake" or reset them or they will remember they're previous state and cause problems like this.

This is how max used to behave, so don't take it as gospel now.

I can't remember what the command is called, but if you do a bit of googling you should find out what I mean.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2005 17:19 Edited at: 29th Nov 2005 17:23

The Gun is not just Small.
It's the latest thing in weapons development.
Compact Destruction. A bazooka in your pocket.
It's also made of a high density polymer that can pass through metal detectors.

What you have here is a totally kewl new weapon.
Sometimes a bug can be a blessing if you modify the storyline a little.

Just a thought.

I don't know how to fix it.
I was going to suggest you go back and make the model smaller so you won't have to scale it.
But, I see you already tried that.

What does PANDASOFT Exporter do exactly?
Can't you just use the MAX to do it?
I don't know because I don't have any of that software, is why I ask.
I suspect theres a setting being missed in that Panda thingy.

I wish you luck.

Post Script:
Your model looks great by the way.
Any chance he will be released to developers, or is he only for your games?

Whatever you can imagine, you can animate. --- Walt Disney
All too easy. --- Darth Vader
Just do it! --- Nike
KiKi
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks all for replying,

Hey Transient ye'r right, I've found somethings, I post it here so if anyone else has the same problem will find the way to solve:

Quote: "
Transforms
One of the main problems with JSR-184 is the scaling of nodes. Many artists like to use the scale tool to scale objects. However, the scale will not be applied to the object vertices. Instead, 3Dsmax applies scaling to the transform matrix of the mesh. This means that if you scale the object 10x and then export it, the mesh vertices will still be 1x and the scale will be applied to the transform matrix. When we add rotation and translation to the object, we'll get scenes that look ok in 3Dsmax, but will be messed up in the game.

The solution is to not use the scale tool on meshes. Instead, vertices should be scaled directly. If scaling is used for the meshes, the "Reset XForm" tool in 3Dsmax (found in the "Utilities tab") should be used. "Reset Xform" will set the rotation/translation matrix to unit matrix and "freeze" the vertices to their current position. Extra care should be taken when it's used because it will reset the scale, as well as the rotation of the node, and the vertices of the mesh will be rotated to world coordinates and the node transform is set to 0 degrees.

Also, remember to keep the modifier stack short and collapse it before exporting. Some modifiers may hold materials inside and this usually creates multi-materials, which as you may have guessed, won't be visible in 3Dsmax - but will mess up in the game.
"

It's about the way Max uses to scale objects.

To TempLaR1 : thanks, the weapon does have a scale value, but I found the reason so I won't change this value. I'll do it in Max.

To Conjured Entertainment : heheh ye'r funny! Thanks for the wish, I'm having luck!!! Bout the model, my first plan is to have the character works correctly in FPS Creator, I have some other characters too, I dunno maybe I'll sell them as a character pack, maybe I just use for my game. I'll think bout it later..
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2005 20:55
@conjured

MAX doesnt have a directx exporter...and panda is freeware....so thats why.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:17:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:17:02