Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Can't get "hollow" on my tunnel entity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 13:43
I made a simple tunnel I will use to create some tunnels in the game, but need to figure out how to make it hollow first so someone can walk through it. You can only walk directly up to it, and not into it, I need to be able to walk through it. I've done this before with open-roofed terrain, but this object won't work for some reason.

Here is the .x, .ms3d, and .fpe. Can anyone shed some light?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
My best guess is that you will have to take it to segment editor and make a hole in it so it can be intreperted by the game engine.

I don't remember exactly how it's done, but look in the video tutorials of the segment editor and you'll find it out. It's used in making doors.

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 15:10
I saw that for making a tiled segment... but they are too small...

I am looking to bring in one chunky multilevel entity object. Like one modeled in Cshop or 3dWorld Studio. Maybe I will ask over there!
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 16:08
could you use several of the hole things? If not, I'm pretty sure your able to resize them... can't remmember how though.

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 17:17
change the collision on them.

i had the same problem with a door i made, it was using box collision, so it didnt let me thru it.

dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 17:18
That sounds about right. Which coll mode?
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 17:21
use the poly one, but if your going to have a very big object...its going to KILL your frame rate.

for one small object like mine, it wasnt a problem, but when i did one of my space ships, it brought it down to like 10fps...

i cant imagine what anything bigger will do...

dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 17:24
gah! I will have to work on this, I really want to use some stuff I made in CShop to work.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 17:47
The only way I have gotten around this personally with large objects is to make a large object as two pieces and place them correctly together as one in editor. A closed object prevents player movement within with the box col on whereas one that is not completely closed does not so it seems with me at least.

Easy enough to do with symetrical or mirrored shapes but not with irregular ones as its difficult to match up the two parts quite obviously.

dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 18:05
Hmmm.. interesting... so if I take off the roof and stitch it back on later, I might be able to get away with it?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:54:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:54:00