Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / HOW in the hell? What happened?!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2005 09:58
Okay,

I've got this dillema. I put an entity in my game, created a custom texture, saved as a 24 bit ( also 32 and 16 ) *.tga file, changed the *.fpe file to the correct texture.

When I test the game, the texture is all over the place on the model. The hands are on the shoulders, the face is all messed up, half the body and back is the face, and the officer cap is black.

Somebody please help me with this. Im going to have an artery blow pretty soon, getting sooo frustrated...need water. brb.

You are talking to THE dude, I am the dude. T.H.E. dude, there's no other dude like me. The dude is a way of life, you just dont understand.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2005 13:08
Were the UV's in the right place (lined up correctly), and did you save it as a 512 X 512 (or a 1024 X 1024)bitmap?

-Keith

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2005 19:46
no, amybe it is the UV's....what did you export it with? it might not of exported the uv's with the model.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2005 20:05
First of all, what programs are you using to view the model; what program are you using to do the UV Map (the same one, or a mapper program like Ultimate Unwrap, etc.). When you put the UV Map into a paint program to edit (such as Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, GIMP, etc.) are you rotating any of the layers? I ask this because if you rotate the layers without rotating the UV Map layer as well, that could happen when applying the texture to your model. If you're not saving your textures in 'powers of 2' (i.e. 512x512, 1024x1024) that could also be the reason.

Give us a list (step-by-step) of what you did.

-Keith

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 11:34:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 11:34:07