Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / How about a "show off your music" thread?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2005 17:56
Not being much of a graphical artist myself, I thought it might be interesting for the people who make some game music now and then to let people have a listen. Not a "Hey, I have music for sale". Just throw out a short little sample every now and then of what you're creating for your current/upcoming game. I've noticed people like to show off their screenshots, why not in-game music?

Good Idea/Bad Idea???

I've thrown in a short sample of something I did for a cutscene intro to a shooter for starters. Tried this over at GarageGames but it didn't fly. No interest. Maybe the FPSC people would have more fun with it???

/JOOM

The other night I was staring up at the stars, wrapped in thought and wondering............where the hell did my roof go?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2005 20:37
Sweet ! Can i Have/Buy this?

smacktard is my favorite word.
YOU are my least favorite person.
and my favorite pastime is being board, so scram, smacktard
Just One Old Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2005 20:53
Sorry, most of the game stuff I do is proprietary for games my partners and I are working on. I also do backgrounds and regular music tracks (for vocals). These are just low quality short samples of game tracks.

Here's another, this one for a driving thing.

/JOOM

The other night I was staring up at the stars, wrapped in thought and wondering............where the hell did my roof go?

Attachments

Just One Old Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2005 20:59
And maybe one more piece of one I originally did for a driving thing, but will probably use for something else. Just to get things going. Anybody else got anything they want to show off? I love to hear what other people are doing.

/JOOM

Attachments

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2005 23:06
Sure here's some of mine:

2 Free tracks:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=66247&b=24

A complete CD with music for your games: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=66079&b=24

MegaMusic Pack 01.... 31 original soundtracks for your games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Just One Old Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2005 23:18
@Benjamin:

Good stuff. Nice in-game music tracks. I like playing with the atmospheric, spectral, and orchestral type tracks myself.

Really good of you to give some of them to the community. Anyone else have anything to show off?

Just One Old Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2005 18:35
Okay, I'm curious. There doesn't seem to be much interest in this type of thing. I'm wondering if it's because people aren't writing music for their games, or if they just don't want people to hear it till the game actually comes out?

I thought with the number of people showing off art content, the music people would naturally want to show off their talent. Especially with music being such an intrinsic part of any game.

Any thoughts on why this doesn't draw more interest?

matt83
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 19:25
Hi
just found this thread and tho i like to make games im a musician so
its nice to hear what other people are doing.
nice tune JOOM
here is a preview of something i did
c&c welcome

peace

"Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 16:39:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 16:39:34