Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Model of the Month - FPSF

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2005 04:28 Edited at: 7th Dec 2005 04:30
We have started a MOTM (Model of the month)

Keith, the great modeler has come up with an idea to try and attract you to come to our forums

located here http://fps-files.net/forum

"alright people, we're going to try something different here. As it appears tha I am the site's 'official' modeler; I am going to institute a new feature.

Starting this month we will be running a poll to see what YOU want to put in your games. I will put up some catagories for you to choose from; around the middle of each month I will take the most popular catagory and turn it into a model which will be available Free for download.

The catagories will be general (sorry, no characters at this time) and non-animated. I will not take exact requests, so giving long lists will be rather futile at this point. The model will be available for view at the end of the month as well...in short, it will be a surprise.

After I finish with the model and it's texture, it will be handed off to the man who runs this site; who will in turn, create the proper files so that it may go right into FPSC.

In order to vote, of course, you have to register here at the forums...yes this is my little way of getting you guys to sign up here!

So start voting....the first model will be ready by (or around) New Years.

Happy Holidays!"

Written By Keith

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2005 10:24
Wow, this sounds like a great idea! I will probably register soon

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2005 18:27
Wow, over 40 views at the Model of the month thread on the Fps-Files site....and only 2 votes.

It's too bad this may die before it even begins. I guess it wasn't as big a deal as I thought it would be.

Oh well, more time for me I guess.

Happy holidays all!

-Keith

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2005 22:48
I guess you can get many views by people visiting the site through the link, but it needs membership to vote.

There are so many sites and forums out there, for me it's hard to keep up with everything or being a member everywhere. I only visit here, since most of the fpsc related stuff will be here. I do follow links, but if I need to sign up at yet another forum, you've lost my interest. I've got more things to do then be a member at a thousand forums.

It's a simple choice.... participate in lot's of forums and internet activity and never finish a decent project.... or cut down on the internet activity and the number of forums participated in and being able to finish a decent project.

So, I like the idea, but I don't want to sign up for antoher forum, sorry, got better things to do with my time. But, if you post the same poll/question here, I will vote.

MegaMusic Pack 01.... 31 original soundtracks for your games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2005 23:48
Well, I tried the Community Model thing with a mediocre response here; but the whole point of me making models FPSC ready for free IS to sign up there. I agree with your point of signing up to tons of forums, I do and it is hard to keep up with them all and be productive.

It's up to you whether or not you want the free models, it just gives me more time to work on 'for-pay' media.

Thanks for giving input though.

-Keith

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 01:36
Hmm... Templar, did you down your site?
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 02:28
I can't get into it either...even with my super-secret decoder ring!

-Keith

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 02:40

Sites that are down...
FPSCreators
FPSC Universe
FPS Files

Kinda a cycle.
Salvation
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Temp. Did you get my email about the template? I sent it to your hotmail. So if you have time.... ^_^

-----
I bite. Watch out
Salvation
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Temp. Did you get my email about the template? I sent it to your hotmail. So if you have time.... ^_^...Oh and KeithC how much are your rates etc?

-----
I bite. Watch out
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 02:59
I haven't really set up any criteria for myself yet. It depends on what you want done, and how long it would take.

I'll tell people up front whether or not I can do something and an approximation of the time it takes, and compensation.

-Keith

TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 03:18 Edited at: 9th Dec 2005 03:20
i didnt poull down the site

its my webservers fault

dont worry , it'll be back

Salvation
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay then KeithC would you be able to create alot of medieval period furniture using low poly's?

-----
I bite. Watch out
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 03:31
Shouldn't be a problem, I have a wood texture generator that can make just about any type of wood for the furniture's texture. I start with the least amount of polys I can go with, then add polys till it looks good. I find it a bit easier than going the other way around.

Give me a few examples and I'll mock-up one or two this weekend, to see if it's what you're looking for.

-Keith

Salvation
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay.

I need a lords chair. Similar to what can be found here [href]www.arteso.com/photos/cat01-pet.JPG[/href] but maybe a bit more fancy.

Also a period bed. See http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~kuijt/Bed.JPG for an example.

Also a variation of bookcases.

If you can mock up any of those examples Ill sample your work and see if your what Im looking for.

-----
I bite. Watch out
Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
i AM a webhost... if you need help get a hold of me

Those who fly low hurt least when they fall...
Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
Keith tell templar to secure his website by editing the cookie handling sessions in his include/sessions direcotry... as of now its unsecure and im sure you wouldnt your site there compromised... I have done many jobs in retaking sites like that have have been hacked and "owned" by session handling exploits...

Those who fly low hurt least when they fall...
W H I S P E R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 16:38
Keith,
There are two of your models and the others arent , who are they by

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 15:00:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 15:00:20