Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / weapon positioning

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2005 07:10
I am having some difficulty positioning a new player weapon.

Could anyone confirm what they would think to be a good positioning x,y,z so as to try and force a weapon into view well ahead forward of the camera sos I can get a look at it. I cant get it in view and and begin to wonder if its loading correcty at all.

Should the forward position to the player be a positive or negative figure anyone know? is the x,y,z position for weapons the same as any other entity?

I have no problem with the pick up weapon or even giving an enemy his version of the weapon - they postion fine. Its just the player version of the weapon - which eludes my sight. Its there somewhere I recon just hiding from my view. I have had no luck adjusting positioning parameters and pulling my hair out now so any help is appreciated.

Thank you

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2005 08:53
Have you had a look at FPSC's weapons in Fragmotion? The HUD.x versions are what you want.

I'm not sure if this will tell you what you want, but it's worth a try.

It's a pity TGC don't take more interst in this stuff, a quick q&a session would clear up many little mysteries like this.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2005 09:14 Edited at: 8th Dec 2005 09:18
transient,

Thanks for that.

I have fixed this now. The weapon was indeed hiding below the floor and behind the player. I got around it by making two weapons one in front at one behind the player and adjusting vertically until I got sight of a weapon. Then using just the one in view of camera it was just a matter of a lot of tweaking.

For some reason I have never been able to undersatnd - Default FPSC weapons created in modeller by TGC do not lie anywhere on the cetnre location so you have to get a similar position when making your own. Once you find the location for modeller placement its pain sailing thereafter.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 04:12:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 04:12:39