Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 04:00 Edited at: 9th Dec 2005 04:13
I dont know if anybody realised this yet but what the heck:

FPSC DOESNT GIVE A SH!T ABOUT .X!!! USE .DBO AND YOU WILL GET BETTR RESULTS!!!!

I belive TGC says they need .x files is because it is a more common file type.

No I am expermenting with exporting animations from the DM2 models with fagmotion (and that wasnt a typo ) and adding them to FPSC.

Are you about to rock?

Then [b]I SALUTE YOU!!!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 07:54 Edited at: 9th Dec 2005 07:56
I have said this in relation to my post regarding difficlties with Fragmotion.

FPSC actually seems to read from the .dbo files and not the .x files though I presume it must need both or why on earth do we have both. Not another case of unecessary files making games larger surely - theres enough of that with the library and compile issues.

A problem with the .dbo files is that they much bigger than the .x files and I have found that its seems to be the .dbo files that FPSC creates from characters .x files exported from Fragmotion seems to be corrupted. Even tried exporting .dbo files from Fragmotion and saving them in place of the FPSC ones without success. Of course the .x files are highly compressed.

Mind you it could be the Fragmotion .x file is slightly incompatible. I dont think Fragmotions .dbo exporter or and .x file exporter - or the FPSC .x file file description is up to date - there seems to be an incompatibility somewhere.

I get a missing texture on Characters exported from FRAGMOTION - no idea why but its caused by the .dbo file FPSC makes from it - apparently.

Who knows its complicated to see inside these programs workings. More effort is required to crack it and find a workaround if possible.

Let us know how you get on. If you can get an animated character into FPSC with skin attached - exported from Fragmotion then I must be doing something wrong - thats quite likely.

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 08:25
I've been experimenting with Fragmotion for a while and although I've gotten some stuff in there I haven't had the time to work out whether it works properly or not.

I'll pull my finger out this weekend and see what I can come up with.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 08:50
Yea... I think that FPSC reads the animations in the .x files, and gets the model info from the .dbo ones.... Lee, you DO spend too much time in front of your computer!

Are you about to rock?

Then [b]I SALUTE YOU!!!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 16:36
no...you dont need x at all...

try putting dbo in the fpe and it works fine...they used x because its a good game format and its simple to convert to dbo and dbo is what darkbasic reads....i think...

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 17:05 Edited at: 9th Dec 2005 17:07
For new models made externally exported from Fragmotion I tried using the .dbo files in the fpe and still had misiing textures - cant apparently get the UV mapping to be recognised by FPSC myslef on new models at run time - they show on the model in the editor though. Seems to be glitch somewhere I have been through all the obvious things many times and see no reason for this - if a texture is seen recognised by the editor then one would think it would show up in test run - but thats not the case with me.

Thanks everyone for all your help on this its much appreciated.

Of course there are some known issues with FPSC missing textures occasionally and somewhat erratically I believe so maybe its just that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 12:40:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 12:40:56