Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / how do you make an entity?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi all please could someone give me a "thick fcuk" guide to making and importing an entity. i can do most other things but entities are like a plane........way over my head.

sorry i this has been asked befor but i really need the help.

cheers
carlito
Years of Service
User Offline
done it. easy if you want to know just ask
Rayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you importing entity while game is running? or in editor? If ingame, please post how you do it and any scripts please. Thanks.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2005 06:35 Edited at: 14th Dec 2005 06:36
I believe all entities as are all other rsources are loaded into memeory at run time. You cant load and unload entities on the fly in real time as far as I am aware. You may be able to spwan, effectively kill off and respwan entities if it spossible and you can discover how to script that.

We all (at least me) would like the scripts for that - if anyone has them.

Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
umna you can...i have copy and pasted an entity with the prog open, then swtiched to segments and then back entities and there is the new entity there

Those who fly low hurt least when they fall...
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 00:16
those who speak out of turn shall feel the wraith of a thousand godzilla movies.

Uman, although the model doesn't show, it is still loaded, so no unloading or loading allowed. However you can re-use models. But I found out early in the attempt that it was a waste of time, all models have to be dynamic, and they all need their own script. AND they all need to be Enemys.

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
[url=ochanicon.gif]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:27:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:27:04