Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Vigilant AI ...?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering, is there a way to make an AI (as in NPC, Emeny...) to care about changes in the enviroment? Forinstance, how do you go about making a character react to the lights getting turned off and then walk over and turn them back on?
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey! Just like in Splinter Cell!
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2005 00:29
or the sound of a gunshot makes bad guys come running to the sceen just like in Cammandos 1 ONE OF THE BAEST GAMES EVER MADE, along with Beyond Good And Evil and diable one and startcraft and alot of other ones... Clive Barkers undiying...
SOOOO MANY GOOD GAMES

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2005 00:43
Copper Head,

Possibly with a lot of hard thinking and effort and trial and error to see what can be achieved via creative thinking and finding out practically just what is achieveable.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2005 00:58
I think this is very possible, if Mmerrenvo was here, he'd figure it out!

I think you could mak eosme waypoints, then tell the character to follow the waypoints when the lights turn off, then play an animation, and then turn the lights on at the same time...

When FPSC develops enough, lets make a Redwall game!

Copper Head
Years of Service
User Offline
sunflash,

Yeah, i've been thinking about all that but what i can't seem to figure out is how to activate or take control of one entity from the script of another (well, except from the player). If i recall to my example, how can you get forinstance an enemy to activate a light from his script? I can't find any conditions/actions for it and i can't even see any IFUSED slot in the character properties.

uman, why so trite?
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2005 08:22 Edited at: 12th Dec 2005 08:59
Quote: "
Forinstance, how do you go about making a character react to the lights getting turned off and then walk over and turn them back on? "

All these things are basically the same.

You use the ACTIVATEIFUSED=X actions and the ACTIVATED=X conditions.

For instance... The Lightbulb would be in the IFUSED field of your Trigger.
The Character would be in the IFUSED of the bulb.

The Trigger would "Activate" the Lightbulb with ACTIVATEIFUSED=69
The Lightbulb's AIMAIN has a State that checks for ACTIVATED=69 and if so it would turn off the light (lightoff) and "Activate" the Character with an ACTIVATEIFUSED=41
The Character's AIMAIN has a State that checks for ACTIVATED=41, and if so then it would make him Move to his Target and do whatever else you want.

It sounds hard but it's not.
Check out the Briefing area at the beginning of my soon to be released Game.
You will see plenty of things "Activating" each other in "Daisy Chains".

I am undecided about whether or not to Pack my Game's Files.
I may leave it unpacked, so that people can look at the scripts to learn from its features.
What do you guys think?

Quote: "I can't find any conditions/actions for it and i can't even see any IFUSED slot in the character properties."

You don't "Use" a character.
You shoot them. HEHEHE
Put them at the end of the chain.
You can kill them by calling the RUNFPIDEFAULT=2

Although, an "Egor" here and there make really good instructional guides.
They can change their messages to speak accordingly to their changing environment.

For instance...
Nine items could have a single character in their IFUSED property.
Each reflect 10 Activated states. (11-20, 21-30, etc)
Now the character has 90 messages ready to speak to you depending on which item called.
Each item could have Ten items changing their 10 states relayed to the character.
So, we have a single character controlled by 99 items in all.
WOW!

I'm still just experimenting, but it's seems limitless.
That's where I've been the better part of the last week...experimenting.
That's why the game isn't finished.

Whatever you can imagine, you can animate. --- Walt Disney
All too easy. --- Darth Vader
Just do it! --- Nike
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2005 21:44
rename the enemy light!

now the activates will transpher to the enemys as well as the light, but that really isn't good enough... you want to make sure the the enemy is in the dark areas and not the light areas.

SO, get poles...

:state=0:activated=1
:activated=0,anywithin=100,plrdistfurther=100:activateifused=1
:activated=1,anywithin=100,plrdistfurther=100:activateifused=2

so, if the poles are named "light" and the light is off, then the poles tell the enemy that it is off in the area they are in.

Now if the light is on, then the poles tell the enemy that.

But for "Smart" enemys, lets go futher.

:anywithin=300:activateifused=5
:anywithin=300,activated=5:rotatey=5

a bit buggy, but this is a way of sending commands to other entitys, only thing is you need to edit the FPE and add IFUSED=enemy, doesn't seem to matter where. and rename the enemys, enemy.

Random rantings 101:

Conjured...
What is with the random numbers?
And Daisy Chains?
9 ITEMS????
Copper Head
Years of Service
User Offline
Conjured Entertainment,

Very much thanks for the input and help. It was along the lines of my own thinking of how to get the character to get the idea of that the lights has gone out. However, once the character are about to go and switch them on again how do you get the light, or any object by the way, to activate from within the script of the character? Is it possible to reach a specific object directly from within a character script or do you have to use unreliable things like have the character follow a waypoint and then have the light, or whatever object, to detect the presence of the character with a ANYWITHIN condition or similar?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:10:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:10:19