Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / No image for gun in game when looking down sites

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have created a gun and all of the textures are working except the one that shows after you pick the gun up in the game. The hud for the gun shows. The gun fires and zooms when you use the scope. The only issue is that there is no image of the gun when your suposed to be holding the gun.

Im no expert.

Can someone enlighten me?
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2005 05:36 Edited at: 16th Dec 2005 05:36
What exactly do you mean?
Do you mean theat when you are holding th gun, you can't see it?
If thats the problem, then try messing around with the following lines in the "gunspec.txt" files.

horiz =
vert =
forward =

They set the position of the gun model.

hope this helps!

later

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2005 13:51
If you mean you cant see the weapon in the scope image when zooming - thats the way it is by default. I am not sure exactly why as Ive not looked into it yet though someone here sure can help further if you calrify precisley what you mean.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 14:48 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2006 06:55
Quote: "I have created a gun and all of the textures are working except the one that shows after you pick the gun up"

Thats the core issue. I really dont know that there is a better way to explain it. If anyone has any ideas, that would be great.

My character spawns into the game. My character sees the new gun and it looks fine. My character picks up the new gun. My character can no longer see the new gun.

Here is what My character does see:
1) the hud for the gun
2) the gun fires and leaves bullet holes

Thats it.

Is there a reason for this that someone can think of?

Even the person that knows the most started out a novice with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. We all have something to learn.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:56:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:56:38