Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / My retro entry : Ghosts'n'Goblins 3D-Remixed

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 23:15
First , I planned to make a Bomberman clone with a friend but . . .no news from that friend that was the 3D Modeler . . .
More , I see that someone get that idea of bomberman clone . . .

Then I choose Ghosts'n'goblins because It was a great game and I have an idea on how to make it . .

I hope I'll send snapshots soonly . . .
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 03:08
well, there both great games and i don't really think that many people will be doing retro-remakes of bomberman and theres ghost 'n' goblins which i haven't seen/heard anyone making at the moment! well you've still got loads of time, take your time, make a good choice and create a great game ^_^

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2003 13:38
i was gonna remake ghouls n ghosts in crash bandicoot style. Decided it wouldnt be retro enough. Good luck tho mate.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2003 20:15
Here is the first snap from the 1st level map I'm modelling with my tool 3DMapEditor . . .

They are just map image because I just start developping the game . . .

From the editor , mode preview :

From the editor : editing mode :

It will show the "graphic" style I'll use for the game . . .

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2003 20:15
oups . . . posted the same snaps twice . . .

here is the second snap in editing mode :

Matto
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool, I loved Ghost's and Goblins, I used to play it in the Arcades and on the C64 good luck Freddix.

1ghz Cel,512 sdram 133,Gf2 MX 400 64,SBL 5.1,Win98
Best Upcoming MMOG - http://WWW.Atriarch.com
Project: Card Game with No Name
Speedhorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2003 23:46
I thought it was Ghouls 'n' Ghosts?

Is it the same thing, just renamed for different releases, was it a sequel or a completely different game?

PS - The Screenshots look pretty sweet.

Ralph, Jesus didn't have wheels.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2003 00:17
I'll try to make it as ressembling as possible to first chapter "Ghosts'n'Goblins'. . .

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2003 03:03
Ghouls and Ghosts was the SEQUEL to ghosts and Goblins

Shots r looking v nice Freddix. Have you by any chance played "Maximo" on PS2? It was Capcom's very own 3D update Really cool but V hard, as ever

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
kirk_2099
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2003 15:55
nice game, graphics looking ok,
Kirk

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2003 17:11
I don't own PS2

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2003 20:00
The first level map is now completed

I'm working on character animation and actions . . .

PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
cool!

It's all parallax right?

Toughest line of codecol$=asc(left(Pcol$)),1+str$(rev)+chr(80)+left(right(mid(name$),1),1)
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2003 02:11
Well its in 3d so genuine 2d paralax is not needed as the 3d engine will make and actually genuine paralax effect

This is looking sweet

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
KamaKase
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool, what's that editor. I've seen it in a few pics. I was just wondering what it was.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 18:42
editor is "3DMapEditor" also builded by me of course

demo version is available on my page .
Just click on the logo under.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 20:35
here is a new snapshot :

1st level is now 80% finished . . .
I just have to add some of the monsters and 1st level will be ready for beta demo . . .

Iceman
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool game by the looks of it m8..... But I was doing that one too!!! Dam!!!
After all that graphic work too!!!!!

I suppose I will have to find another program to do now!

Still, here are a few screen shots for ya to look at..They are from level 1.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 17:21
you shouldn't stop develop your game for retro comp

I found yours really nice excellents graphics.

Continue it you really have chances to win I think with it.

Oraculaca
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 21:08
I think they both look great ...Im gonna cry in my beer

Not-Mr-Thumpy wrinkled his nose, it was suddenly hard to concentrate
Speedhorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 16:50 Edited at: 19th Mar 2003 16:50
I was bored and i was looking on Ebay and came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3213904871&category=

Freddix and Iceman - those screenshots are looking really good.

I don't see why you have to stop, Iceman, it'll be interesting to see how they both play like.

ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
Iceman, It looks like you used the same graphics. Did you? It looks very good though I love the moon/ sky background you got.

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 23:08
Look! It's not fair, why can't you just let me win ? They both look really good, keep going.

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
Eponick
Years of Service
User Offline
Heh, I want to play them both

Dont stop work on yours because someone else is doing it.

Good luck to both of you and keep posting updates ^_^

Speedhorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 23:33
Are they any plans for any of you 2 guys to put a demo on-line soon?

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 02:26
@Iceman

Guess you won't be entering your vesion would you ?? COS IT'S NOT YOURS

http://sega.gamerweb.com/News/1299/47.asp

None of this work was made by you - none of the graphics either..... you just ripped the screenies from some website.

Hmmm ! "Iceman" that name rings a bell ? would you be the same Iceman from the RGT forum some time ago, who stole PSI's Zombie tutorial from his website and claimed it as your own work ??

Fredix >> you have nothing to worry about from this guy Ghosts n Goblins entry... it's not even programmed in DB/DBpro

LOL.... this forum seems to get a lot of frauds hanging out here !!

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 02:55
LOL man, what's going on here?

Ogres have layers.
Iceman
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL @ Simple !!!

Hey man......It was a joke ya know! ROLF!!!

Just how long did it take ya to catch on eh !!!
(Freddix....Its a good game man...I was just ribbin you a bit)

But...... Joking aside...... Whats this B.S your giving here???
Quote: "stole PSI's Zombie tutorial from his website and claimed it as your own work."

What a load of crud!.... Whats the matter...You need to flame someone?
I posted the Tutorial AFTER I got permission you moron!.
(Even PSI posted that he remembered that he had been asked!!)

Cor.......ya know......Some people just DONT know HOW to tell the WHOLE truth over something do thay???

Still....Simple by name, simple by nature eh?

Iceman

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 03:54
Yeah, it was you who stole PSI tutorial and portrayed that you made it

I personally think you are out of order posting those screenshots here... cos you could of possibly put freddix off of entering his retro entry at all, thinking he had no chance of beating this.

QUOTE:

But I was doing that one too!!! Dam!!!
After all that graphic work too!!!!!

I suppose I will have to find another program to do now!

Shouldn't that read ( I suppose I will have to rip off and steal another program to do now ) !!

Actually I don't think you have ever produced anything, whether it be code or graphical. Why do you hang out on forums and just post up other peoples work and say you did it ?? what can you possibly get out of that ??

All you have achieved is the fact that your name "ICEMAN" is now tarnished on two forums, instead of one ( and thats just the forums I know about ) you probably do this all over the place for all we know.

>>> * Iceman * <<< everyone will remember that name.... what a fake

I have just one more word for you >>> TWAT ! <<<

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 04:17
Well, PSI is a friend of mine.... and when you posted up his tutorial and people stated praising you, you wrote this >>

QUOTE:
Yep...... NP.

My next tutorial will be to show ya how to texture!

Hey Vega... Whatchyamean?????? What part of the tutorial are you stuck on?

Iceman

And as soon as bisse_m sussed that it was PSI's tutorial, you wrote this >>

QUOTE:
Sides, most tutorials are very alike so my tutorial and Psionics are both as good as each other.

(But I did ask for permission to post this tutorial from the author first.)

Hey, Its all good!

Iceman

Then PSI found out about it and wrote this >>

QUOTE:
It looks like you simply copied my html and pasted it up here, I did give permission for someone a while back to have my tutorials on their site as long as I was creditted, I didn't however expect them to claim to have written it themselves!!!!!!

I suppose now my new UV mapping and skinning tutorials are online you will magically write those too

And you said >>

QUOTE:
Cor.......ya know......Some people just DONT know HOW to tell the WHOLE truth over something do thay???

So I do believe I have told the whole truth, eh !

Still....Simple by name, simple by nature, SIMPLE to suss out people like you too.

Simple

Eponick
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, yes. A thread filled with fun.. =/

Thought those gfx looked kinda familiar but oh well, lol.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 11:04
yes I understand now .

thanks to have discovered that imposture

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 11:42
Iceman, that is so damn lame - you really should start acting like a DB'er or get lost, back to Blitzcoder or whatever backwoods forum you came from.

To think Rich included screenshots from that on the newsletter, which could land DBS in serious copyright infringement style trouble.

Good luck on the entry Freddix, it's looking very cool.

Van-B
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 12:44
Rich did include it on the latest newsletter. And it is a copyright infringement by being there.... but I don't think it's too bad, cos the DBS were deceived like the rest of us.

It was the same with PSI's tutorial >> you try to make excuses once you have been found out. ( Reminds me of someone else I know ) !!

Iceman
Years of Service
User Offline
First..... The only "Twat" around here is you Simple.
You even edited the posting over the PSI stuff to prove ya point!! What a pillock!

And as far as not producing something.....well.....that just shows you know nothing! LOL.
Our RPG game was hailed as one of the best EVER produced in DB!...So stick that where the sun dont shine!

Van B.....

I did not know about the newsletter thing...So I am sorry for that. I was just ribbing Freddix a bit and winding him up. I did not think that it would cause so much probs. But I really did not think that the newsletter would carry it.

But as for Copyright .... Its no problem for DB as the game is NOT a game.. The screen shots are from a util that enhances the graphics running on an emulator. The retro-games are probably more bordering on copyright infringement than the pictures I put up.

But...... I am VERY sorry for this....... It was only a spoof and was not intended to cause any harm. From now on I will only post work that IS being done... But really Van B, it was not meant to cause this much fuss.

Iceman

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 15:05
LOL ! I copied/pasted those quotes straight from the topic.... so how did I edit them ??

http://www.realgametools.net/forums/index.php?board=8;action=display;threadid=406

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 18:03
Simple - "PSI is a friend of mine"

hmmm...

well anyways... Iceman don't post up others work again, you've not only made yourself liable against copyright but also DBS (ignorance isn't an excuse no matter how much people would like to think so).
it doesn't matter if you believe it is a joke or not, display others work as your own without referrence is not allowed ... and i wouldn't be surprised if you're IP is not banned come monday.

don't bother trying to flame me down here either because that'll just make whatever you end up with even worse that it is already.

Iceman i'd suggest you back up this claim to the 'best' RPG ever made in DB, because there have only been 2 RPGs made in DB (that have been completed) one of which was Equilibrium? ColorArts (Hubdule's) and the other was 8Towers from Kain. Last time i checked these guys worked alone ... so it would be interesting to see you're highly acclaimed title shown.

However that does not digress that what you have shown is not your own work, it had no disclaimers to such.
Quite frankly if you can't post your own work then don't post!

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Iceman
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I copied/pasted those quotes straight from the topic.... so how did I edit them "

You edited them by not showing it is the correct context! Doh!!!..You win the Homer award!!

First I said.....

"Ok, heres a tutorial for Milkshape. Ya all seem to use it, and so do I (cos its brill)."

So I did NOT say it was MY tutorial...I was just posting a tutorial on the board.

Next.....

"My next tutorial will be to show ya how to texture."

Which I was going to do myself.... but YOU made it look like I was gonna rip it off.....when I was not gonna.

Next......
Bisse_m asked me this......

"Umm.. are you Psionic on the blitz forums?"

I said.......

"Na m8 im not.....I just thought ya would like it and it would be helpful....Sides, most tutorials are very alike so my tutorial and Psionics are both as good as each other.(But I did ask for permission to post this tutorial from the author first.) Hey, Its all good!"

Which shows that I DID NOT try and take the credit for the tutorial....Unlike what YOU want people to believe.

ALSO........ Asheron, the Moderator said.........

"he (Iceman) doesn't claim that it is his. in fact he claims that he uses it a fair amount. L8er on your name is provided and he agrees so I would just be happy that you got credit. its a good tutorial and I'm suer iceman meant nothing wrong by posting it up for everyone to use."

So........ THATS how you edited it pal.... you tried to make ME look like I ripped it off as my work and tried to get credit for it!

I note you like to argue with people....You have been doing it on this board with others too...so I am told.

There is always one person who likes to flame!

Iceman

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 18:39
QUOTE:
It looks like you simply copied my html and pasted it up here, I did give permission for someone a while back to have my tutorials on their site as long as I was creditted, I didn't however expect them to claim to have written it themselves!!!!!!

I suppose now my new UV mapping and skinning tutorials are online you will magically write those too

PSI's own words ....... Basically you first tried to portray it as yours, and people were patting you on the back for it ... until to got sussed ( just like the GnG screenies )

As for liking to argue with people .... Thats just me and raven

Talking of which is absolutely right in what he has just said.

Iceman
Years of Service
User Offline
To Simple.....

PSI said......
"Naaah, like I said I'm not that bothered m8! If its useful to people as Iceman said its all good....."

So..... at the end of the day, Im not gonna waste my time arguing with someone who is just out to cause a flame and to argue for the sake of it.
Grow up.

I have proved my point, and that is the end of it.

And as far as the pictures are concerned, I have said it was a wind up and that Im sorry to have caused probs.....

Now.....you go right on posting pal....Cos Im putting you on "Ignore".

To Raven.....

“Iceman don't post up others work again, you've not only made yourself liable against copyright but also DBS (ignorance isn't an excuse no matter how much people would like to think so).”

Yes Dad!

And get it right Raven...... There is NO copyright probs..... did you not read my last post!!
The retro-gaming programs have more chance to fall in to copyright probs than the pics I put up cos they are NOT from a game, but from a program that just enhances the original graphics of a game......and that utill is no longer in production anyway.

“it doesn't matter if you believe it is a joke or not, display others work as your own without referrence is not allowed ... and i wouldn't be surprised if you're IP is not banned come monday.”

I would be surprised if it was banned..... It was a joke..... and is a lot less than something's that go on in forums to get banned over!!
And I dont care if you dont like it as a joke or not.... Not my problem.....It was a wind up and that was all.
It was just Simple who is blowing it up out of all proportion!

“don't bother trying to flame me down here either because that'll just make whatever you end up with even worse that it is already.”

Er..... can I ask what your talking about now???? I have not even mentioned your bloody name let alone “flamed” you.

“Iceman i'd suggest you back up this claim to the 'best' RPG ever made in DB, because there have only been 2 RPGs made in DB (that have been completed) one of which was Equilibrium? ColorArts (Hubdule's) and the other was 8Towers from Kain. Last time i checked these guys worked alone ... so it would be interesting to see you're highly acclaimed title shown.”

First your wrong...... Equilibrium was not finished..... It was a demo of a single fight routine and also a demo of moving about on a 3D map. The fight routine was nice I must admit, but the moving a character over a 3D map was nothing to write home about.

Second..... You can not believe that you know that only 2 RPGs have been made??
Lets be fair.... You aren't seriously asking people to believe that you have seen/know of every single DB game ever produced, are you??? LOL

And 8Towers is a very nice game.....Love it (tho I dont know if it got updated yet).

Also I did not say it was the best,.... I said it was one of the best......So get your facts right......or do you take after Simple by twisting words about to fit??

Iceman

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 19:54 Edited at: 26th Mar 2003 19:55
Quote: "
There is NO copyright probs..... did you not read my last post!!
The retro-gaming programs have more chance to fall in to copyright probs than the pics I put up cos they are NOT from a game, but from a program that just enhances the original graphics of a game......and that utill is no longer in production anyway.
"

Yet there's still a copyright on it by Spore Productions.

Ogres have layers.
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 19:55
PSI said:

I dont mind really but I think he meant hea nd other people use milkshape a lot, not my tutorial, I'm aware I was creditted after someone asked if he was me! before that people were patting him on the back, saying nice tut etc...

But like I say I'm not that bothered

Then Indi said:
psionic u could request any mod to delete it if u want and u can replace the post with a correct link maybe

It wasn't until then that PSI said:
Naaah, like I said I'm not that bothered m8! If its useful to people as Iceman said its all good.....

Which doesn't hide the fact that you tried to steal it first ( until you got found out )

And if your not gonna waste your time arguing with me, then why are you ? seems like you got caught again and now you are trying to justify it + make excuses.

Now you're entering into a flame war with the two people who are the most famous for wars hehe !!

Iceman
Years of Service
User Offline
Empty...... Yes there is.... But the copyright is for the utill not the GFX m8.

Iceman
(Ignoring Simples and his post ...Mainly cos Simple lost the flame! ROLF!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 20:27
... fair enough you don't think you've made yourself liable then perhaps you need to bone up on your Copyright laws. IF the sofware house who originally developed this come down on this, joke or not you're still playgerising work which is not your own.

however if you had a good lawyer you could fight them back and win as these image don't have copyright marks nor watermarks ... but this still doesn't benine the fact of what you have done here.

my suggestion firstly is to Freddix to first make a new post for your game mate cause i have a feeling this will get very messy and sorry that it will.
second would be to Iceman to kept quiet whilst he is ahead because there is zero tollerance on this kind of thing on Apollo - the only reason that you are not currently banned is because Rich is not currently here.

also Equilibrium has a '?' next to it if you hadn't noticed because i'm unsure to the name ... the game i was talking about is the one where you are a small ball and must roll around the world. Those are the ONLY 2 games completed.
lastly - my comment was a warning which obviously you ignored.

i don't have any more time to spend on this useless topic.

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Iceman
Years of Service
User Offline
Agreed.
Topic ended.

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 20:37

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 11:49
Hmmm, Simple and Vegeta agreeing on something... :-s

RUN! Iceman RUN!

Van-B
Kohai of UWDesign
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 12:30
@ICEMAN : and so ?? what is your great RPG ??? never saw it ... ?

[Kohai]
[url]www.underwaredesign.com[/url] [url]www.kohaistyle.com[/url]
pIII 733/256 Ram/Geforce 256
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 13:30
hum . ..

probably an other graphics rips ?

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 13:58
Hehe - would'nt surprise me Freddix.

He's away doing a google search for "rare but cool looking RPG screenshots".

Incidently, most people would let the players decide if it's one of the best. Seeing as how nobody seems to have heard of it, I'm interested in how you got to the estimation that it was one of the best.

VANseam is without a doubt, one of the best seamless texture creators ever created by me .

Van-B

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:30:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:30:09