Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 10:01
Your mom.

Chris: Oh god it feels good to be outta the F**king shoos!
Sterling: I know! It feels good to be outta these cloths too!
Wheelgator is a ricist. What? I swear! He called me a n***r!
TKsFox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 14:54
TGA and PNG can have a alpha channel - but in my opinion PNG is even better. (if u own a gd photoshop or Fireworks )

It's me...
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 18:33 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2005 18:34
Quote: "ummm no

im afraid i spelt it right"

Hey, I didn't mean anything personal, don't get snippedy
I assumed you thought I said "expensive" because you made a comment about the ice that didn't make sense unless you were reffereing to my comment in which I said "expansive". But that still wouldn't make sense because I didn't say "expensive", I said "expansive". But you weren't refering to my comment (as far as I can tell) so I was wrong in assuming you did. Sorry, I apologize.

When FPSC develops enough, lets make a Redwall game!

TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 03:33
ok , just thought you were trying to be a school teacher

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 06:52 Edited at: 24th Dec 2005 20:33
Sunflash, to answer your question regarding transparencies

First off this tree sucks so no raggin on me. This tutorial is going to be for Paint Shop Pro 7( I know it's old but I actually buy my progs >.<.

1. Take the chunk_33-2.bmp(whatever....this is what my name was) that the tree magik produced and open it in Paint Shop. Highlight the image(make the title bar highlight that is)

2. Click "Colors>increase color depth>16 million colors"

3. Click the magic wand tool and click inside the black portion of the image. You should now see a row of "marching ants" around the foliage and the outside boarder of the image.

4. Click "Masks>New>Hide Selection". You should now see the checker board background behind the foliage. You can toggle this by looking at the "Layers Palette> Mask tab" and clicking on the Enable mask layer toggle icon. it switches back and forth from black to the checker board right?....thought so....Lets move on.

5. Click "Masks>Save To Alpha Channel"(5a image). Just click ok in the "Save To Alpha" dialog box(5b image). It will ask you to name the mask and I just click the ok and move on since it can only handle 1 alpha channel naming them isn't very important.

Now if we look back at our "Layer Pallet" and next to your background layer you'll see the mask icon and if you place your cursor over it you'll see that it shows the *MASK*(5c image)

6. Click "File> Save Copy As> 'name your file here' and under the "Save as type" dialog box be sure to choose .tga as the file extention.

Now place your image in the correct folder for your tree's fpe to access and you get a lame Egyptian, pyirimid looking deal like I got in my back ground for this tutorial.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 06:57 Edited at: 24th Dec 2005 07:01
Bah.... this was a repost cause it took me back to the first page and I thought my image used was still to big.
TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 07:01
hope u noticed u posted the same thing twice lol

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 07:03
dur....you just chompin at the bit to act like FPSC forum police or what?....look at the times between post and edit....
TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 07:30
hey now dont get all angry

just seeing if u no

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 08:10
I'm not angry a bit... But seeing how your an admin of a forum, do you allow "off-topic" convos in the wrong place? Since your post was nothing but spam(as this is too)ment to be condescending(hence the "lol"), I just let ya know.

I'm hoping the "real" admin just deletes these post so my explanation helps the people I've seen asking about alpha channels, and this pettiness isn't viewed.

Bottom line though....ask yourself "Is this reply needed before I hit post? Dose this help the community? Dose this answer a question in the thread I'm about to post? Since this is a new question, dose it belong in this thread? Dose this question even belong in this forum?"

So, see how being sarcastic can work? When entertaining the idea of being condescending, and quick to jump, your best off passing over my post.....I doubt I can be corrected by a person that uses "no" in place of "know" anyways, so lets leave any corrections to be made by a Mod or Admin.
TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 11:20 Edited at: 24th Dec 2005 11:27
I see

and if yo uask me , it wasnt off topic

i just told you , you double posted

and people like to B*tch over that sort of thing

Ow and your wise ass bullsh*t isnt required

i just told you , you posted twice , idont think a smart ass remark is in order , do you?

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 19:33
Well thank you Locrian for that! Only problem is that I don't have Photoshop. But that will definently hel people searching the forums. If only it could also be in another thread.

However, I think I've found the answer to my problem, I'll post again if I did

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 20:27 Edited at: 24th Dec 2005 20:27
Sunflash:

That tut was for Paint Shop Pro, not Photoshop. What program are you using for image editing? There are things I like to do better in PhotoShop, and some things I prefer to do in Paint. Texturing and not having to define images as a pattern like you have to do in Photoshop, and alphas are just an easier process in Paint Shop Pro to me. I do own other imaging editors, so letting me know what ya use, if I have them, perhaps I could write a tut for that as well...There seems to be allot of these transparency questions around.

And to Templar:

Your wise BS was needed either. If it wasn't a slam, why was it so funny then? Yeah I thought so...Your not a moderator. So why would you post that(other then to be sarcastic)? Who cares what others think?..It's not "their" place to say anything either...It's a mods. Besides it was fixed( to the best of this forums ability since we can't delete post)4 minutes after it was posted and at the same time as your little grin hit the keyboard. Funny when children get frustrated they start cursing in there post....

Quote: "idont think a smart ass remark is in order , do you?"

Like I said....your best off glancing over my post if you wanna act like the Forum Police cause I have no problem let ya know how I took it. I'd continue this wonderful conversation with you on your forum but the lack of a way to turn off that annoying electric sound your banner makes is too irritating to put up with long enough to PM back and fourth.
Quote: "and if yo uask me , it wasnt off topic"
Point well made. No one asked you, did they? Or is there a post in between ours that I'm missing due to the fact you have to be a "Forum Police" member group to see certain post?
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 22:29 Edited at: 24th Dec 2005 22:29
If you keep cursing, someone is going to get SLAPED.

Freindly word of advice.

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 22:56
Quote: "That tut was for Paint Shop Pro, not Photoshop. What program are you using for image editing? There are things I like to do better in PhotoShop, and some things I prefer to do in Paint. Texturing and not having to define images as a pattern like you have to do in Photoshop, and alphas are just an easier process in Paint Shop Pro to me. I do own other imaging editors, so letting me know what ya use, if I have them, perhaps I could write a tut for that as well...There seems to be allot of these transparency questions around."

Oops, sorry, for some reason I thought you said Photoshop
I actually (I know how bad it sounds) use MS Paint and PhotoImpressions for imag editing. I use DDS Converter 2 for converting images.

I just figured out my problem (partialy). I went into PhotoImpressions and got my leaves, then used a spiffy tool that I never knew existed and selected (for the most part) all the black, then made it into a new layer, then selected that laer and used the fill tool and filled it with white. And uess what Merrenvo, .PNG's make white and black transparent (I think)! Cause when I made the black all white, thn told the .X file to grab the texture, then looked at it in FPSC and it looked awesome! Well, then I decided to make sure .PNG's transparent, so I exported the tree again and used the texture (it had black everywhere) and loaded it into FPSC and that worked god to. I thought that was kinda odd. Why did the last tree I have not show up right? So I tested around with it, and found out that it was all glitched up. When I exported it, the files were messed up, and they didn't seem to be working right. But when I exported again, it worked fine. Only problems now are:

1) Trees have to be static, or the textures arn't transparent.

2) The tree falls through the ground but gets caught at the leaves on the top of the tree.

Anyone know how to fix these?
-Sunflash

TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 23:08 Edited at: 24th Dec 2005 23:22
OK i have had enough arguing with you

point is it was advice not a command so stop calling me forum police

i oculdnt care less that you posted twice , i just thought you might of

Loopix
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Sunflash!

You are offering a nice Treepack, made with TreemagikG2, on Turbosquid http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/293284.

Have you purchased a licence from GC to sell those trees? How much does such a licence cost (im interested in buying one

Regards

Loopix

plants and trees for your games
http://www.loopix-project.com/
Loopix
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Sunflash!

I saw that you are selling a nice and cheap pack of TreemagikG2-trees at Turbosquid. I was once interessted to sell Treemagik trees at Turbosquid as well...but the reseller licence (I hope you have one!) was too expensive...this might have changed now (since TGC owns Treemagik) and I would be interessted in how moch such a reseller licence costs now...any idea?

plants and trees for your games
http://www.loopix-project.com/
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 16:20
Well actually, I wasn't aware of the reseller licence, here is where I ordered Treemagik:

http://treemagik.thegamecreators.com/

there it says you can sell you trees royalty free, do you know where I an find out about it?

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 16:30
If it says:

"you may sell them royalty free"

then you dont have to pay for it because the place where you got it from says that you may sell them royalty free!

My life is dedicated to dark,when i fail the world will be in lights hands.......

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 12:55:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 12:55:33