Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / How do i create a character...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2005 16:46
Hello 2 all,

how do I create a character? Have no idea. And dont tell me to look at a manual, cuz im not going to. I need to converse with somebody to better understand and improve communications on how to do this. Trying to make a character that has a hat on ( NOT a soldier hat, or the characters w/hats provided in software ).

You are talking to THE dude, I am the dude. T.H.E. dude, there's no other dude like me. The dude is a way of life, you just dont understand.
SilverMasters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2005 16:53
the dude
uyou should know well by this time that u have to make a model by a software like milkshape ,gamespase or other.do u know 3d modelling?
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2005 12:16
YO,

not to sound like a prick or anything, but that comment is irrelevent. Of course I know modeling. The only dam thing is that I made this character, and put it into direct x format. When I put it into fpsc, the model doesn't show up. I changed the fpe file for the thug model to load the model that I created, which I should've at least saw it in the editor.

You are talking to THE dude, I am the dude. T.H.E. dude, there's no other dude like me. The dude is a way of life, you just dont understand.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2005 13:01 Edited at: 15th Dec 2005 13:05
1. Create a model in a 3d authoring program, if you want it to move you will have to skin and animate it using a skeletal heirarchy. Otherwise it will be static. It also must have a texture applied in .tga format, and UV coordinates must be applied.

2. Export the model in .x format. I use the Pandasoft exporter with 3ds max using the settings recommended by the makers of FPSC. I have no idea about the exporters for milkshape, fragmotion, or any other software. Exporting to .x is tricky business. The fact is all exporters are not created equal. The Pandasoft exporter is the one used by TGC, so I use it because I know it works.

3. Place your .x model and targa texture in one of the character folders. Then make an FPE for it. Easiest way is to copy and paste an existing FPE and rename it. Open it and change the model name to your model, and the also the texture name to your model's texture, and change the "desc" field while you're at it. That's the bare minimum. Save and close.

Also, if your model isn't animated, you might as well delete all the animationinfo. You won't need it.

4. Fire up FPSC and load your model. THAT'S IT. It should work, if it doesn't, then I would say there is something inherently wrong with your model and it probably did not export correctly from the software you're using.
SilverMasters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2005 02:54
then i think texture might be the problem ...try and change the texture...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 06:45:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 06:45:43