Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Question about making Icons with programs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 02:44
Ok I hear that there is a way to get a different icon for your game.

I hear that the program is called reshack.

Is there any other programs that will do this.

Can someone give me the english website for getting reshack or anything else.

I don't happen to like the default darkbasic icon. Its too dull, just a silver square.

Well please someone give me an english website for downloading.

Thanks
SmokieMcPot
Future Company Name = Blazing Fire
Current Website Name = Blazing Fire
Future Number is Eleventy
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 03:03
thanks a lot, i was looking for the exact same kinda program to change my icons ^_^ i was told about so many different types but non of them did what i wanted, i just tried this and it changed my icons easily, heres a link, download the reshack_setup.zip

http://censored.firehead.org:1984/icq_ads/reshack/

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 03:26
wow, this programs hot, you can even change the default cursor icon withought having to use hide the mouse pointer and replace it with your own sprite!

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
The Lone Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 03:45
Hey bro,
looks like a good program but do you have any idea on how to get it to work. I tried to switch icons then rebuild but the program ended up without any icon at all.

Help me out please, give me detailed but brief instructions.
I dont want to know how to do anything else. just change the icon.

Thanks
SmokieMcPot

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 04:13
- run the program.
- go to file/open then choose the .exe file that you want to change its icon.
- something should appear saying x/bitmap/icon/icon group
- select and click to open the icon folder, keep on opening subsequent folders till you find the icon (you';; know then you click on it, a pic should appear)
- go to action/replace icon. a window should appear
- click on open file with new icon and select your new icon (.ico file or bmp etc)
- click on the replace button to replace the icon.
- go to "save as" and save your old .exe file as a new one with your newly selected icon. (i tried just save but it didn't work for me, might work for you though)

go to the fold where you save you .exe file and you should see it with your new icon, hope that helped ^_^ if you run into any other problems the just shout out ok!

The Lone Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 04:35
Ok I got it but I have one last question for you.
When I go to burn onto a CD, do I have to include the icon file with the stuff.
Or is the icon compiled into the game.
Let me know please.

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 04:39
hmm, dont really think so! 'cus if you did really need the icon file then wheres the dark basic icon file? it's embedded within the executable! i guess you don't need it but in most industry games i see, they always include the .ico files within the game directory

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 05:00:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 05:00:08