Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2005 04:43
Hello, gamemakers, I am a complete and total noob to FPSC, although I have used many 2D game engines (including Java, BASIC, etc.) to make 2D games. I have all my models, etc. laid out for a Far Cry assassin type game. I was wondering if the scripts in FPSC are powerful enough to allow for special "modes" like invisibility, slow-mo, or night vision.
I have also been researching stealth in FPSC, and am wondering if hiding in the shadows is an option. If not, is it possible to create a transparent "wall" that the player can walk through, but that the enemy cannot see through?
Thanks in advance, my copy of FPSC should be arriving via mail any day now...looks fantastic!

I reject your reality and substitute it with a full-on, guns-blazin' video game reality of my own.
TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2005 09:33
FPSC isnt advanced anough for bascially all the things u asked lol

its very limited

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2005 12:06
Well, I know that Conjured had released night-vision goggles (which he then took off and made it for purchase), so night-vision is possible. How? No idea.

"I hate erecting my tree, my whole family always wants to join in and all the balls fall around the place." - Zotoaster Merry Christmas!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2005 13:18
All he did was slap a tga texture over the hud, lol.

Are you about to rock?

Then [b]I SALUTE YOU!!!
FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2005 18:37
Ah. I have a feeling, though, that FPSC can have more power squeezed out of it than it first seems. I know that a VERY limited sprite/card-based 2D engine let me make Doom-style FPS experiments. But thanks anyway.

I reject your reality and substitute it with a full-on, guns-blazin' video game reality of my own.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 20:15:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 20:15:44