Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / I need an opinion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2005 16:55
Hey kiddos. I found this pretty tricky looking 3D suite on eBay, but I need an experts opinion.
Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7206022934&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT#ebayphotohosting

Are you about to rock?

Then [b]I SALUTE YOU!!!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2005 17:10
Looks like a complete scam to me. The screen shots from the games are from Blender, the impressive looking renders some are from Bryce. There are spelling mistakes all over the entry, there isn't one single screen shot of the application itself. In a nutshell, I think you'd be insane to shell out any money at all on this.

Exit Planet Dust
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2005 17:15
Infact having looked at http://www.kncmedia.com (the ebay seller) I can see that they have a bad habit of selling free open source software! There is Open Office, rebranded as 'SUPER OFFICE EDITOR PROFESSIONAL' - ick.. these guys ought to be shot.

Exit Planet Dust
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2005 17:23
id buy it just because it looks like a good deal...and if its a scam....sue em lmao....i mean 7$$$ isnt exactly like over dramatic if its a scam...and if it is ebay will make sure you get your money back

---------
Dont hate
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2005 08:54 Edited at: 20th Dec 2005 08:56
@Richard - Ha! They also have disguised Audacity as "POWERFUL DJ SOUND AUDIO EDITOR PROFESSIONAL". These guys are UBER cheapskates.

"I hate erecting my tree, my whole family always wants to join in and all the balls fall around the place." - Zotoaster Merry Christmas!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2005 15:47
I can't believe they didn't even try to take off the Blender logo on the top of one of the shots. Photoshop isn't just for pictures. This reminds me of a laptop that supposedly ran on a hard drive that had no moving parts. Even they did a better job screwing around with Photoshop. Somebody'll buy it though.

-Keith

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2005 16:40
Looks at old Ebay Auctions...

A Peice of TOAST.

Yeah, people need help. And Ebay needs restrictions.

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
[url=ochanicon.gif]
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2005 17:40
well, if it is a scam, contact Ebay, you can get your money back. But are you sure you want to fuel the pirates?

When FPSC develops enough, lets make a Redwall game!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 12:43:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 12:43:33