Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Entities at a distance

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2005 18:18
Seem to have their legs up to the waist in the ground.

Then when I get a bit closer - they suddenly transfer up onto the ground level and then suddenly start moving along their waypoints.

Is this normal?? (In FPSC, not real life)

It happens to me on almost all levels I build that have quite a bit of "free space" and are quite open.

If its a corridor style level - I dont have this problem.

In fact - the pace script (or any variations thereof) seems to do a few quirky things if applied to an character that can be seen from a distance and is in an open environment.

Does this sound like my level design could be at fault, or something to do with the AI distance from player / large view distance on the level?

Mabuggi

DAB Studios
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2005 21:50
push enter before placeing...

p.s. this should be in bug report.

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
[url=ochanicon.gif]
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 05:18
Since Physics were introduced or maybe some other reason - this tends to happen when enemies or sometimes other entities dont start off in a correct horizontal plane position.

I dont think its your level - FPSC since EA where I did not see them has a few erratics like this - sometimes it can be hard to overcome.

Push enter when placing is the best option as Merranvo said. Anything else is too much to go into here and now.

Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 10:23
Cheers guys,

Im pretty sure I tried this - as I had to do this with the rest of my entities, like stacking crates etc.

The weird thing is that as soon as your within a certain distance, they suddenly pop into life.

Oh well - will re post with more detail in bug reporting - apologies for posting to wrong section, I assumed that this maybe a scripting error.

Thanks for your help tho.

PS - If I started the enemies at the level above - would they just fall a level and stand correctly on the floor then? (Outdoor areas)

DAB Studios
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 00:18
That is because the script ACTIVATES at that distance. Uman, I did mean yes, for the poping. The movement causes collisions, and they wake up

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
[url=ochanicon.gif]
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 09:16
Excellent - I get it now.

Bit of a bummer about the distance, but at least I now know what I'm working with, and that its the engine as opposed to my scripts.

Thanks guys.

DAB Studios
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 12:28
Merranvo -

Can I use trigger zones to trigger the AI script at a greater distance? Or will it default to the usual distance as explained above ?

DAB Studios

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:52:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:52:18