Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Now I've done it...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2005 23:35
I've gone and bought FPSC. I just wish TGC was quicker sending me the download link.

I've also been thinking about textures. I know there's a huge set of freeware texture libraries out there for other game makers, and I've wondered how one could utilize these freeware libraries with FPSC.

The key seems to be to go with size. With that I mean, what is the biggest texture library format out there - and that has to be the WAD format that they used in Half-Life 1, DOOM and other such games. A quick check on google shows countless WAD-texture libraries.

But you can't use WAD in FPSC, right? Well, if you export the textures from WAD you can. And how do you do that? Well, in comes something like Wally - a texture editor. Now, i haven't tried Wally out, but I will. When I get FPSC.

But what FPSC lacks right now is media. This way I've figured that FPSC could tap the nearly limitless media already out there.

-----
They SAID that given enough time a million monkeys with typewriters could recreate the collected works of William Shakespeare... Internet sure proved them wrong.
-----

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 05:36:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 05:36:24