Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The long hours, the 49 hours spent on google, Trying to hack a Zelda ROM is done...

After the all the red eyes, the alcohol binges, the squeezing of Binary hex out of the source code has finally paid off... Now keep in mind i didnt hack my Zelda Ocarina of time to steal the texture... i wanted the textures so I can make some somewhat identical looking ones, and as long i dont use theirs im not violating any copyright laws...

Now that I have My "Identicals Duped" who would like to help me make segments out of em for use in FPSC?

Those who fly low hurt least when they fall...
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh man I hope you didn't spend TOO much time on this. There is a video plugin for 1964 (N64 emulator) that will dump the textures AND geometry in VRML format very easily.
Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
I read about the Rice Plug in, I even tried it, I could not findany settingsin the plug in to dump the textures anywhere.... I wishi ii could have got it to work... it wouldhave saved me some time...

Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
bond1 how are you doing it?

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
I did it a while ago, I didn't use Rice's plugin, as far as I know that can only IMPORT textures.

I used Lemmy's plugin. You just create a folder on your C drive named "VRML". Start the game and go to the point where you want to dump. Then go into the plugin settings and check the box "Export VRML". When you go back to the game I think it will stutter for a few moments as it dumps all the textures (and models!!). Most of the textures are very small, cause of the limitations of the N64 hardware at the time.

Hmmm, this gives me an idea...maybe a Goldeneye mod for FPSC? Its certainly possible...
Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
the textures were very good i extracted from zelda... 128 by 128 png's i got the lost woods ground and some others...

Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
can i have your plugin?

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 19:28 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2005 19:31
Sure let me find it here...hmmm it's not available on Emutalk anymore...strange.

Hmm, maybe there were larger textures for Zelda. The ones for Mario 64 were no larger than 64x64, if memory serves.

Oh well, here it is:
http://hyrumark.zftp.com/LemD3D8.rar
Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
thats wierd because zelda OoT was suppose was to be the same engine as Mario 64.... Heres a screenshot, the Lost woods floor and the I am assuming the red one is from the volcano level... i dont exactly remember where without playing game again...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 04:03 Edited at: 24th Dec 2005 04:21
rememeber the moon in Zelda? hee hee..

cool looking aracde by the way...

Attachments

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Nooo, the Zelda engine was built from scratch. I remember reading an article about how making Zelda OoT pretty much drained all of Nintendo's resources. After that they started re-using engines...hence they used the same engine for Majora's Mask.

Thanks for the compliment on the arcade...and yeah that moon was creepy.
Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
cool now i got the export vrml option, wheres the folder the dump goes to?

Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 16:10 Edited at: 24th Dec 2005 16:10
hey bond1 when i switched to to the new plug I got this error

have you seen it before?

(Screenshot Attached)

Attachments

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
BEFORE running the plugin you must create a folder named "VRML" in your root C drive. It will dump everything there.
Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
I got it working through rices plugin man it is too cool, it just dumps the textures while i play the game... schaaaweet..

Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
man they made these graphics small... i dont think i can use work with too many of these... i was hoping to repiclate their water some how...

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2005 06:54 Edited at: 25th Dec 2005 06:58
Ahh yes but that's the charm of the N64! The textures were small and had to be scaled and antialiased in the games...very blurry. And tiling was the name of the game back in the mid 90's.

I remember a game reviewer once saying that every Nintendo 64 game makes your TV look like it's coated in a layer of Vaseline.
Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
no joke, the water is what i wanted to so bad, the water moves and looks so cool, hey did you read my gift for ya bond1? http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=21&t=66223&p=0

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2005 15:01 Edited at: 25th Dec 2005 15:04
Ok, shameless self promotion here. I made an entire navigateable arcade based on Super Mario 64, animated water and all, at http://3darcade.mameworld.net You can even walk inside the castle. I designed a whole new interior and Bowser is locked in the basement for safety (and he's animated!) So are the ghosts.

The sky is also animated, and can actually be changed to nighttime, complete with shadows.

Screenshots:

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2005 07:21
Yes, shameless bragging....

Can I buy?
*begs*

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
Bond1 thats too cool man, i believe mario and zelda have the same water dont they, either way they both look stunning, would you help me get my water setup... and are you going to distribute your cool navigatabe arcade?

Nice Work Too!!!!

Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
Princess Toadstool’s Arcade Castle
-for 3darcade frontend (http://3darcade.mameworld.net/)
What it is:
This is an arcade environment based on the opening castle level from Super Mario 64. You can freely walk in and out of the castle. Doors can be opened using the start key. Also you can interact with the characters by pressing start and also by simply looking at them by centering them on the screen. The exterior of the castle can also be changed from day to night and vice versa, see section below.
How To Install:
1. Unzip "Princess_Toadstool_Castle.zip" inside your 3darcade folder keeping the
existing folder structure intact.
2. Open the configuration menu and click on "lists manager"
3. Click on any selectionset available and choose "edit this selectionset" from the
dropdown menu
4. Click anywhere in the gamelist area and choose "add a new gamelist pair" from the
dropdown menu
5. Choose "ptac.atf" as the gamelist, hit ok, and enter "ptac" as the shortname and
“Princess Toadstool’s Castle” as the descriptive name
6. Hit cancel when it prompts you to choose a 3d model
7. Now click on your newly created gamelist (ptac) and choose "edit the left gamelist"
from the dropdown.
8. Click in the empty "skinset" field and choose "select a new skin" from the dropdown,
choose "ptac_skin.cfg" from the list
9. Now click in the empty "arcadeset" field and select “ptac_arcade.cfg” as your new
arcade
10. Close and save the configuration menu, the new arcade will show up in whatever
selectionset you added it to.
Day/Night Add-On Pack:
Included are 2 additional zip files that can be used to change the exterior of the castle to day or night, whichever you prefer.
1. Extract "ptac-day.zip" and "ptac-night.zip" each to their own unique folder.
2. Inside your 3darcade folder, browse to the folder …\arcades\arcmodels\ptac
3. Copy and paste the two files from either the day or night folder here, overwriting the
existing files.
4. Simply do the same thing to change it back
Enjoy! Comments/suggestions very welcome
-May 29, 2005
-Mark Blosser (bond1)
-mblosser@neo.rr.com
*Everything in this zip file is for personal, non-commercial, non-public use only!
-a million thanks to )p( for answering all my questions on animation
-a million thanks to Deniro for helping me understand lightmapping

Heybond how would i change this instructions to use em in FPSC

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, can't be used in FPSC. I made it for the Shockwave 3d format only. And its totally free for personal use. But it can only be used in the 3darcade program, which is also free.

Sorry to sidetrack the discussion so much, I was just showing what was possible using 3ds max. And yes showing off a bit...
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2005 16:42 Edited at: 26th Dec 2005 16:43
That's some good stuff, Bond1. I see you bumpmapped the walls, improving upon the original Mario style. Very nice idea.

Any secret entrances around the castle grounds?
-Keith

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Funny you should say that...no secret entrances. I originally planned on having a cave that would lead to an undergound entrance, but scrapped the idea due to time.

There is a basement area in the castle that has nothing to do with the Mario theme. A long stairway that leads to a lounge area with a big screen tv that can actually play videos on it! Yes Shockwave 3d can play standard avi or mpg video on any texture! I wish FPSC could do that...
Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah thats some really good stuff bond, did you read my post on that tutorial?

Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
Well bond1 heres your goods as promised, all seamless the way keith likes em, lol http://support.studio505.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=88

registration is free on their and your account is isntantly activatied so just register, login and download...

43 realistic gorund segments..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 14:24:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 14:24:17