Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / My free model: Arcade Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 20:59 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2005 23:18
Here is a model of an old arcade game. Use it as you wish, could be nice decoration for a city-scape. I made a while ago for an arcade preservation project at 3darcade.mameworld.net.

You can check out my other work there if you wish, I'm also known as bond1 there as well. I've modeled about 30 arcade games total.

I reduced the poly count as well as the texture size to make it more FPSC friendly.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Shadows Back
Years of Service
User Offline
great model bond thanks

Shadow
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 21:12 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2005 21:20
Hey, that looks awesome! Would somebody want to make several skins for it? Then it would look like several diferent games!

EDIT: Hey, I went to that website you had in the ReadMe ed up all your work... WOW! It looks awesome! Would I be able to use them in my projects?

When FPSC develops enough, lets make a Redwall game!

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 21:16 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2005 21:17
Yeah that's a really good idea. I've modeled about 30 games and the styles ARE a little different...but it makes more sense to use this one as a "generic" model and make different skins.

If you look at the texture file you'll see that I divided the UV mapping pretty logically. So it would be simple to slap some different artwork on this and you could have an entire arcade.
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 22:06
thats ace man - really good work

DAB Studios
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 22:22
Quote: "If you look at the texture file you'll see that I divided the UV mapping pretty logically. So it would be simple to slap some different artwork on this and you could have an entire arcade"

Yeah, there's an arcade place close to my house, I'll go there sometime and take some pictures of it

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 22:32
Cool! Now we need to just make it so it could let you play the game With hud images it might be possible, but with no ONKEY command I don't think it would happen.

Work Hard. Do Your Best. Share The Glory. Do It Again.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Cool! Now we need to just make it so it could let you play the game With hud images it might be possible, but with no ONKEY command I don't think it would happen.
"

Well, since YOU brought it up...the site for which I originally modelled this game, 3darcade.mameworld.net, you CAN actually walk around in a 3d arcade environment, walk up to the games and play them! Very cool program...
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 23:23
Wow, does it cost?

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Nope, totally free program, maintained pretty much singlehandedly by the program's author. The program is a "front-end" for the MAME arcade emulator, if you're familiar with that.

Its a very friendly community there. I was the so-called "models administrator" for a while. Along with me there are about 8 other modellers that are responsible for several hundred arcade models.

But beware, like FPSC, its a home-grown application. There's not even an installer. So its pretty intimidating for a newbie, much more so than even FPSC. The manual is even pretty hard to read, because the author's native language isn't English! But if you're willing to take the time to learn, its an awesome program, and very addicting.
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 23:43 Edited at: 24th Dec 2005 00:03
Sure! Where on the website can I find it?

EDIT: Wow, I'm lost. I see what you mean. Can you give me links to each individual thing I need to download? It seems like it's all everywhere. Yes, it definently needs an installer file. UNless you don't have one because it's impossible, you should check out the install creator at www.clickteam.com. Its really easy to use.
I really want to play in the arcades, they look awesome! Do any of them have laser tag?

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 00:36 Edited at: 24th Dec 2005 00:37
Go to http://3darcade.mameworld.net/. Click on "FRONTEND" then download both "fe094part1.zip" and "fe094part2.zip". Extract them both to the same folder, I know very confusing. Open the folder and launch the "fe3darcade.exe" to launch the program. You then should be able to navigate to a simple 3d arcade environment and walk around. BUT, you won't be able to play the games unless you have MAME installed and configured. That's where it gets even more confusing, although the manual explains it fairly well.

And even MORE confusing is that you have to download and install each and every game model from the website to actually see the different cabs.

The author of the program has always intended this to be a "power-users" type program. I think that is why he never bothered with setting up an installer. He would rather be doing other things . But its a pretty amazing feat for one person to achieve.

If you're serious about it, I would suggest that you do what I did: print out the manual, take it to bed with you for a few nights until some of it starts to make sense. THEN start fiddling around with the program.
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 06:26
Wow, I tried to get everything working, but I got stuck on downloading the models. Could you send me an email with all the neccesary files to play? I don't ven know if what I've downloade so far is in the right order

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2005 06:20
@bond1
I went to your website...
Quote: "What is the purpose of this site? We hope that this site will grow to become a general repository of assets for building a virtual arcade and more specific for 3d models free for personal, non-commercial and non-public use. "

So, I guess we CAN NOT use these in our commercial games.
Too bad, I really like them.

GREAT WORK!

Whatever you can imagine, you can animate. --- Walt Disney
All too easy. --- Darth Vader
Just do it! --- Nike
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2005 06:28 Edited at: 25th Dec 2005 06:30
Thanks! But, its not MY site. Although I have contributed many models...

And most of the models are in Shockwave 3d format, which is a "closed" format, meaning they will only work with Macromedia Director or Shockwave 3d. I just modified one of my existing models in 3ds max and exported to directx to use in FPSC for kicks.

The other thing is, these models are of commercial games. Even though they have been long out of production, most of the artwork is copyrighted I'm sure by their respective manufacturers. That is why we specify for "personal use" only...
W H I S P E R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 15:51
An amazing model but unfornunatly is no use to me as i am making a horror/sci fi game
!gamlord!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 18:43
I adore all model makers expecialy BOND1,
I REKON it looks great i was wondering if someone could make me some drink bottels and a bin you be credited of course,

also does any 1 know how to show .swf files on this forum?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 18:38:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 18:38:47