Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Kill small number of enemy in a room then a door opens automatically

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have seen this in a lot of fps games. There is a locked door which will not open unless you kill a certain number of enemy in the same room. Once all killed, the door opens automatically. Lets say there are 5 enemy as an example. Does anyone have a script that will do this? As I said its a common scene in an fps game.

Also you kill the enemy in the room and a key appears for another door. A script for this would be useful.
Copper Head
Years of Service
User Offline
It would have been a very easy task had it not been for the fact that there's simply no way to target nor activate anything from a character other then weapon pickups and the player. Neither one has an ifused-property. You might be able to do something similar in function using trigger zones and entitywithinzone or something though but that's just such a clumpsy and unreliable method it'd give more trouble then it'd solve.

Just imagine how a vast range of more things that could be possible with FPSC had it had the ability to address any entity directly by name from within a script or perhaps even simpler just let characters have the ifused-property as all other entities have.
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Copper Head. I'll let everyone know if I come up with something.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2005 20:45 Edited at: 30th Dec 2005 20:47
open the FPE file of the entity.

add
;AIUsed
ifused = CNT

Add DestroyScript

:state=1:destroy
:state=0:sound=audiobank\smash\concrete.wav,rundecal=0,state=1,activateifused=1

new object CNT
ifused field is the Remote Door name.

script, CNT
:activated=1:incstate=1,activate=0
:state=15:activateifused=1

Add Credit
Enemy Counter by Merranvo@Yahoo.com

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
doom on cats
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2006 21:24
which entity do i add this to, the door or the AI enemy?

"In peace sons bury thier fathers, in war fathers bury their sons" - Winston Churchill(i think). "don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining!"
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 00:23
read my post.

Merranvo, The Cool One
Noob Justice League, Cause We Have More Fun
Support Merra XJ9, cause the name is cooler.
doom on cats
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2006 00:21
oh, wow i feel dumb

"In peace sons bury thier fathers, in war fathers bury their sons" - Winston Churchill(i think). "don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining!"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:45:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:45:10