Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / imprting your own maps

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Before I buy FPS creator, I was wondering if it allowed you to import your own map geometery, and if so what would be the max amount of polies the engine could run smoothly with?
Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
well you just have to cross your fingers and pray you dont have too many polies... ah i know thats mean.. i really dont know... but it doesnt really handle a lot...

Those who fly low hurt least when they fall...
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2005 15:06
You can easly import your own geometry. For the max polygon count, it can handles a lot, but be carefull.

Skalex - Nobody can ear you scream ... you're on a forum!
Phenomena
Years of Service
User Offline
ok so let me get this straight, you CAN import your map geometry, you do not have to used preset models, and the engine can handle alot of polies?
himynameisali
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2005 14:36
I'd doubt it...

The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day, WHO can believe you? WHO can believe you? Let your mother pray...
[ Proudly and formally Ali M ]
Coldstone
Years of Service
User Offline
Skalex says:
"You can easly import your own geometry. For the max polygon count, it can handles a lot, but be carefull."

Would you have a link to a tutorial and list of programs needed please? Thanks
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2005 03:24 Edited at: 29th Dec 2005 03:25
For static geometry any of the popular packages are okay as long as they export to dx8.1.

There have been tutorials, just do a search.

Importing your own maps isn't really the done thing in FPSC, as it's built around the editor which is one it's main selling features.

You can import your own geometry, but this is more for entities and enemies. That said, bringing in your own maps is possible, maybe, it's just not a straightforward process yet.

I don't think anybody around here has figured out how to achieve this yet at any rate.

You can use the segment editor to build your own segments. It all depends on what you want.

You really need to download the demo and have a play, I think.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2005 03:36
Quote: "ok so let me get this straight, you CAN import your map geometry, you do not have to used preset models, and the engine can handle alot of polies?"

exactly

Quote: "Would you have a link to a tutorial and list of programs needed please? Thanks"

... really easy... but here's a tutorial anyway. http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=56023&b=24

Skalex - Nobody can ear you scream ... you're on a forum!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 22:24:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 22:24:41