Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Video (not opening or ending sequences)

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2005 20:23
Ok firstly HI everyone I guess I'm the extreme NOOB here. so I will appologise now for my ignorance...sorry. Ok now for my question.
Is there a way in FPS to have a video play during game play? I dont want it to stop the game and then cut to the video, I would prefer it to have a wall with the video playing on it or in it. I have see it done in other games but because I do not know how to script anything except the simple light blinking script that is used as a tutorial in these forums, I it will likely be impossible for me to script something like this with the extreme lack of knowledge that I have.

I hope that my questions is clear enough for everyone to understand.
also is there any programs that are maybe free that I could use to learn how to model things in 3D? and what format will FPS load?

Reality Forgotten

I am ready to meet my maker, but whether my maker is
"prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." -Winston Churchill
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2005 04:51
You can't have animated textures or .avi's playing in textures, though I think you could just make an animated decal and layer it on top. Just do a search for "decal" and you should end up with at least one result on how to make one.

"I hate erecting my tree, my whole family always wants to join in and all the balls fall around the place." - Zotoaster Merry Christmas!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2005 07:08
I am afraid I have to agree with Jiffy here, a work around is just not practical at the moment, unless you were to make a model with EXTREAM texture madness, you could possibly animate, but a decal is your best choice here.

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 21:39
Well I shall look in to the decal idea. I think the quality may suffer but hey it's a game so your not supposed to sit and stair at a wall.

Thanks for the help

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2006 18:04
lock thread please

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:55:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:55:49