Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Ngongo-B Electric Entertainment

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Would you like to go pro? Would you like to earn a living developing games? Then you might want to take a look at http://www.ngongo-b.net. And please fill in our survey to tell us what you think of our plans.
Steverino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2002 16:22
If you're not in stores but just have a web site, the competition is freeware not $50 games. The problem is a)getting people to your web site, and b) getting them to part with their money. It's not impossible, but it is very difficult when there are more games than a person could ever play available for free. If you're taking 50%, you'd have to provide promotion as valuable as shelf space in a retail store, and I don't see any evidence of that. Not yet, at least.

You might start by running the site through Spell Check.

If you're selling as a download, an outfit like Digital Candle lists your software, links to your site, handles credit cards, automatically generates registration codes, and sends you a check every month, and they only take 10%.

Surrealist writing toy -- http://www.iconpoet.com
Fedor
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't considder freeware competition. Most freeware adventures are never finished. Those that do get finished are not as good as the games I will publish - apart from some of them.
But those developers releasing freeware only help us keeping the community of Adventure Fans playing. Which is good for the genre. And I want to support them in their good work. That's why Ngongo-B.net is open for every independent developer: competitor or not.

about availability: the common heard complaint in the community is that there are not enough good quality games released to keep the players playing.

But you are right in your criticism, we realise it won't be easy.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:00:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:00:02