Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / ? About Milkshape Creating Levels

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 17:59
Does anyone know how to use Milkshape to create levels for FPS Creator and import them? Appreciate any feedback on this!!!

Thank You!!
Shadows Back
Years of Service
User Offline
ummm i did not know milk shape created levels models yeah but levels?

Shadow
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 18:50 Edited at: 6th Jan 2006 18:51
FPSC doesn't work this way. Levels are made up of so-called "segments". Which are basically pieces of floors, walls, stairs, etc. They are used within the editor to build your levels.

You can use Milkshape to create these segments, then import them into FPSC. You should download the segment editor and take a look at the videos to get the big picture on how all of this works.
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 00:36
bond1, if we wants to do it's own level, he can.

Well, Milkshape is not made for that, but it can be used for making levels, but it's harder than map editors. You can import them to FPSC after exporting.

Skalex - Nobody can ear you scream ... you're on a forum!
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 02:10 Edited at: 7th Jan 2006 02:19
Skalex, I think you're going to mislead a lot of people with your last post.

Levels (or maps) within the context of FPSC are contructed in the editor consisting of segments of walls, floors, doors, etc.

Yes you could model an entire level in Milkshape and export it, but then you are going to run into ALL KINDS of problems with collision, doors working properly, etc.

FPSC isn't designed to import "free-form" levels this way. They are meant to be contructed in the map editor, using its grid-based system. If you want to make your own segments to construct your levels, then this can be done in milkshape. In other words, the pieces of your levels can be made in milkshape, but the layout of your level should be constructed in FPSC's editor.
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 04:09
Quote: "but then you are going to run into ALL KINDS of problems with collision, doors working properly, etc."

Do you think i don't know this?

But, if you want to crush down the FPS, use the segments...

Skalex - Nobody can ear you scream ... you're on a forum!
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 04:50 Edited at: 7th Jan 2006 04:54
FPSC level geometry consists of nothing but .x files. Segements are nothing but an arangement of .x files stuck together via the editor tools. Theoretically you could create one large textured entitiy and import it as static and see what happens. people are already doing something similar with terrian. FPSC does in fact import .x files with imbeded tectures. Keep us posted. As far as doors, I dunno, experiment, the punch holes might work.

Lon

[url=http://www.chiselbrain.com]
Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 05:21 Edited at: 7th Jan 2006 05:22
There is a version of ms3d with a hole punch tool? I suggested that!

You could try it, but the textures may look like cr8p unless its a single color or single wall texture or something.

I wish I was only 3400 years old...
bsgamemaker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 09:57 Edited at: 7th Jan 2006 10:04
Thank you guys for responding.

I'll definately use milkshape or any other modeller to create segments and then construct them within FPS Creator which is simple process because you can connect the pieces like puzzles, all depending upon my imagination.

[quote]FPSC level geometry consists of nothing but .x files. Segements are nothing but an arangement of .x files stuck together via the editor tools. Theoretically you could create one large textured entitiy and import it as static and see what happens. people are already doing something similar with terrian. FPSC does in fact import .x files with imbeded tectures. Keep us posted. As far as doors, I dunno, experiment, the punch holes might work.

[/center]Thanks, Lon for that info because I wanted to be able to Pre-Render my custom segments within Giles and then import into FPSC. From what I understand Giles pretty much bakes the Lightmapping effects into the textures. I know FPSC has its own lightmapping capabilities, but I also like Giles and it would be a nice tool use to get the quality I want along with what FPSC already has.

Thanks Again!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 10:32:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 10:32:05