Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Introducing your games with opening movies

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2006 08:53
After poking around the showcase section for a long time I came across a bunch of really complex and interesting story lines. When I played the demo though I was thrust right into the action.

Now I know we all can't get in game rendered cutscenes yet, but there are steps we can take. For some of you guys with awesome stories, I suggest you try going into Windows movie maker or what ever editing program you use and just making a bunch of title slates that fade between each other. Even if its bare bones like that, just so the story is told in game.

You could even take specific screenshots of scenes to help explain..

I dunno, just a thought.
Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
Bourne,

Great idea sir. I share your thoughts, concerning being thrust right into action. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Dog

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 13:17
I actually took your idea, and made a quick opening movie; it showcases the main idea of the story in the form of a diary, and I think it worked pretty well. Good idea, it'll be put to good use.

"I hate erecting my tree, my whole family always wants to join in and all the balls fall around the place." - Zotoaster Merry Christmas!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 13:53:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 13:53:19