Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Invisible entity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have revamped a zombie into the egyptian god Anubis. When I view it in the FPSC editor it is face down. I use the zoom mode to stand it up and it looks fine. when I test the game it is invisible. Can someone tell me what Im not doing correctly?

Included is the model in ".x" format

Even the person that knows the most started out a novice with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. We all have something to learn.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 07:46
What did you use to model it?

Your signature has been erased by a mod
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 08:11
(hey chrisB, how is it going with animating the model?)

RAAAAH! I have finally ordered FPSC and Model pack 1!
DOMRAY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 10:28 Edited at: 9th Jan 2006 10:29
hope this will help you

model statistics

anubis- fpsc zombie

vertices,11537 - vertices,5532
triangles,23470 - triangles,1844
meterials,4 - meterials,1

i think the polycount is a little to high.
you need to re uv map it down to 1 mat
when i put it in the editor its not in the center x.y.z.
you have it at 9.88/15.63/4.37 if you put it at 9.88/107.63/6.37
you will be good.
i did all this and i can see it in the editor but when i try to test the game i get a error i think its do to the high polys.2 pic for you 1 is the zombie uv and one of anubis uv map.
[/img]
[img]

let he who is with out sin cast the first stone.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 15:31 Edited at: 14th Jan 2006 14:04
Thanks for the info. The only part that I tried and could not figure out is the part where I reduce the polys. I can do that in 3DS Max if it is a simple sphere or other shape. I cannot get it to work with more coplexed shapes. the only answer that I get from the forums for 3DS Max is to do like I would with the simpler shapes. That is in correct and is not an option that is availible that I can see in the program. (Before certain people say anything. I am not looking for support for 3DS Max or other 3rd party programs in this forum). I also have 3D Canvas but the only option there is to manually remove polys until it is acceptable. They are as helpful as the 3DS Max forum.

DOMRAY, you have been extremely helpful. Thanks a ton!!

Even the person that knows the most started out a novice with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. We all have something to learn.
DOMRAY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 15:51
you might want to try to extrude the face/vertex and move them to your needs.and use that head as a template

let he who is with out sin cast the first stone.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats something to try. Thanks!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 22:43:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 22:43:09