Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / A PROPOSAL TO ALL THOSE THAT MADE PAY-FOR MEDIA PACKS (jsut to please rich and Apollo, I will.)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 11:09
Hey all, I have a proposal to all the ones that made a media or content pack:

We pool them together and call it, mmm, say we call it \"FPSC Starter Media Pack\", or sumid like that. I sugjest that we sell it, and split the cost fifty fifty (although it\'d proly be more like 20 20 20 20 20, lol.

All in favor say \"I\"!

Your signature has been erased by a mod
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 16:05
Well, Chris, here's why I don't think many people would jump on board with this.

Let's say your media pack is finished, and you want to start selling it; you price it at $10. First you have to take off a percent for your payment method (Paypal for instance), then you have to account for taxes. Let's say you are now down to $6.50, which is yours to keep.

You decide to put your pack in a "Starter Media Pack", the pack sells for $20-30. Many people who frequent these forums either wouldn't buy it because they can't afford it, or they only want a portion of what's in the pack (which means they can still buy your pack seperately...assuming you haven't signed an exclusive agreement). Those that have made their packs available in this Starter Pack will recieve a much smaller percentage than they would have if they sold it seperately.

You would be limited as to how your product was displayed/advertised, and pricing control would be limited as well. The only solution I can think of is for TGC to "Buy out" some of these media packs exclusively from the artist; of course this could get a bit pricey for them depending on how well the pack may or may not sell. If they did this then there would be certain criteria that would have to be met (a good example is the requirements that TurboSquid has in order to get their "Game-ready" stamp) to ensure little to no work on their part in packaging everything up (such as poly limits per object, file formats, UV Mapping, etc.).

I'm not saying your idea is without merit; I am coming out with a pack in the next few weeks for sale, but I will maintain control of it for now. It's not a bad idea, but it would have to be done right.

-Keith

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 21:57
It might get a good idea.
BUT all those n00bs are always looking for free stuff so they will find all the parts for free after a while though....

(however i still got some tree's that are not posted)

[href]www.freewebs.com/fps-stuff[/href]
look there for all my model packs latest updtes and other stuff!
(its not old yet)
Shadows Back
Years of Service
User Offline
i like bein a n00b

Shadow
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 03:17
Quote: "
I
"

I'd buy it... if I had the money...

Models, Bah, Humbug!

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
Bourne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 01:09
Heres what we do. Two options:

1.) We create one post on the forums with EVERY model/segment/texture/script pack being sold. Every merchant just create a post. No comments, no screenshots, just the listing and a link to a different post or site, and how they could pay for it.

2.) FPSC guys if you look at this create a new section on your website for a market place that actually is quite similar (but more organized) for our packs so we can freely sell them.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-23 12:52:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-23 12:52:05