Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 22:33
I'm finally trying to make a game but the first ones only going to be 10 levels with three training levels. It's basically to get the hang of things. here are some shots.

"My real name is... Mepha-stophalies, but you can call me baby----"
-Marcy Playground

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pantaloon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 22:34
heres the other

-Marcy Playground

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pantaloon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 22:35
What's a good time length of a level? i feel like im making my levels too short. but some rooms are slow when others are really smooth.

-Marcy Playground
FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 01:09
I guess it depends on the type of game. If you're doing something like Halo, where the game is based on quick, dynamic action, you'll want maybe 15-20 rooms minimum, because you just blast through eveerything in one fell swoop. Now if it's more like Call of Duty (especially COD2), you can loose up a bit, because the enemies are harder, and more interesting, so you can maybe do 10-15 rooms or one large outdoor area.

I reject your reality and substitute it with a full-on, guns-blazin' video game reality of my own.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 04:09
First screenie...nice it looks...Different...second screenie...i dont think should have been posted...it looks to normal...for your next screenie post a good shot like you did for the first one..

The funky fresh is back in the flesh with vengence homes!
Tinyschu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 07:14
The first screenie looks good, but the framerate... 6 FPS, OUCH!!! That has to be the lowest I have seen yet, and I am using only a laptop. To cut down on frame rate issues, start using Statics more than Dyanamics. Don't ask why because I really don't know that much about it other than Statics are created into the levels terrain. I do like the quality and textures of each object though, nice job!

I am new, if I am wrong notify me please.

Shadows Back
Years of Service
User Offline
looking good Pantaloon and can someone exsplain what 6 FPS means please?

Shadow
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
6 Frames per Second. Meaning that each second the screen is refreshed 6 times. The lower the FPS the less smooth the game will look.

A typical movie has (almost) 24 FPS, for you to have an idea. Some games go up through the roof so they feel more... "real".

Hope this explains.

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
Shadows Back
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah thanks

Shadow

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:04:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:04:14