Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Guns from the 1500's

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 21:14 Edited at: 11th Jan 2006 21:15
Does anyone have any FPSC ready guns from the 1500's? Examples: (I only need one, and it doesn't have to be spectacular quality, it's just a history project)

npsken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 21:36
Something like the mas36 without the scope would be fine.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 01:44
Are you sure you mean the 1500's? As far as I know the closest thing to a gun back then was a crossbow.

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".
Zedane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 01:46
No i think guns were there at that time. Because thats the time when europe invaded the americans and owned the aztecs, and guns played a HUGE part.

around here.. normal's just a setting on a hair dryer
carlito
Years of Service
User Offline
hi you are right guns were around then and even earlier, i can make a gun for you just let me have a good pic and i will get started on it for you, dose it need to be usable or just static?

if you want one of the ones in the pic above thats cool, although you do know that they are from around 1700 - 1790ish the earlier models had wick style locks and not the classic flint lock as above.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 02:09 Edited at: 12th Jan 2006 02:12
Yep, you're right...have a look at this:

http://inventors.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.silcom.com/%257Evikman/isles/scriptorium/firearm/firearm.html

The top and bottom ones look like a "Blunderbuss".

npsken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 02:43 Edited at: 12th Jan 2006 02:45
Quote: "hi you are right guns were around then and even earlier, i can make a gun for you just let me have a good pic and i will get started on it for you, dose it need to be usable or just static?

if you want one of the ones in the pic above thats cool, although you do know that they are from around 1700 - 1790ish the earlier models had wick style locks and not the classic flint lock as above."

Thankyou. If you can make one like the one below, that would be great. I need it thursday by 8 pm est and am not expecting the best quality because of that deadline. (and its just a school project anyway, the teacher will be amazed at the fact that there is a game like this)

Edit: Yes it has to be useable, I don't need any ammunition though.

Side Note: Can anybody tell me a conflict I could reenact with guns before 1500? It needs to be something quick.

Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 11:36
Damn -

Can you not make it the 1700's so I can whip out my Austrian Army Air Rifle?

Id say for that period you could be looking at some religious Wars from the middle East. Hmmmmmmm. How topical.

Agincourt was 1415 - but no guns (except cannons)

Google it dude.

DAB Studios
carlito
Years of Service
User Offline
well there not really blunderbusses but they are the for-runner to the blunderbuss, they are original large gauge naval short side weapons used to put a very big holes in anything very close.

at the time true ammo was very exspensive and the newish royal navy realised that their sailors used a lot of it so that commissioned the above, the flared nozzed alowed the use of anything that could fit down the barral, eg: old metal fragment ect, a dual use weapon really, if you were issued with true shot you would aim just above the plimsol line of the target ship, if you were not a good shot but lucky enough to be issued a gun and powder then you aimed for the gun decks or quarter deck, just trying to put "flak" and if very lucky take a few heads, legs off

the 3rd from top is from around the late 1700's to the early 1800's, very nasty indeed, used spelter and lead shot, which when fired, due to air frition; would heat up to around 400 - 700 degrees.

this all ment that when the shot hit a body it would first quauterize the entry wound, normally hit a bone, expand to about the size of a dinner plate and, well just keep moving taking eveything in its way with it. this principal is still used today to some extent, it has been discovered that with a single shot loaded over double issued powder the shot could take out up to 7 men, if they go in the way....

oh and npsken, sorry mate but i need a little more time than that, sorry if you still need it let me know. oh and there a hunderds of battles you could re-create, just look at english hisory, i dont think there was much time that we were not attacking someone somewhere
npsken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2006 13:15
Now I have until monday night, if you could make it, that would be great.

Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2006 13:30
What a refreshing game idea though.

Better than Quake 6 or Call of duty 19.

Carlito - Are you working on a game of this era?

DAB Studios
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2006 19:49
Wow, thanks for the history lesson Carlito. Learn something new everyday.

-Keith

carlito
Years of Service
User Offline
well is was thinking of it but the real idea is down to npsken, oh and i will get that gun to you mate asap.

i might work on a old world pack once i release city pack 1. new site going live any day now....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 00:47:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 00:47:26