Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Just a few questions about Dark Game SDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2006 19:08
Just interested in this SDK, I may buy it, dunno yet, maybe you guys can convince me, I am using C# and Truevision SDK and am moving v. slowly, so I wanna try using a language/library I am familiar with to get a head start with other SDKs, I already know Dark Game isn't compatible with C#, I know a little C++ from using the Express edition, but understand that is not compatible either, and so I have questions dudes.

1. What versions/compilers of C++ does Dark Game SDK? (I can pick up Visual C++.NET 2003 and 2005 at a price I'm happy with)

2. What would code look like in C++ and DGSDK? just out of curiosity

3. And well, I wanna know peoples opinion of it.

Thanks,
Seppuku

"I want to put a bullet through my head everytime I think of you!!!"- Slayer
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Seppuku

1. C++.NET 2003. I'm glad you can buy it, I'm happy with it.
2. Well... like C++ with some weird thing looking like DBP there.

Here's an idea, this is the start of the game I'm making, functions are on other files:

3. I'll tell my experience to anyone who asks... I'm EXTREMELY HAPPY with it. I used to write code in Pascal, more than 10 years ago ( I think it's 12 or 14 or something years ). I picked up a C++ book, C++.Net 2003, bought DarkGame. I got the syntax from C++, read somethings about DBP, and then took a look at the SDK help file (which is not that helpful I agree) This whole thing took me one weekend. I've been coding my game since then, now 5 weeks with some doubts but no major problem.

Basically mate, imagine the ease of use of DBP with the power of C++. It's an amazing duo, couldn't be more satisfied. It does have it's problems, but nothing that we can't manage one way or another.

This is my experience, don't take for granted, I'm in the over-excitement phase.

V

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2006 21:18
sweet, thanks, I'll see what I get out of the Open GL SDK, and then prolly buy this when I get a job with C++.net 2003 (me contract just ended at me last one)
Quote: "This is my experience, don't take for granted, I'm in the over-excitement phase."

Know the feeling, kinda like that with my and my new GFX card And trying out the demo for the latest version of C4D

"I want to put a bullet through my head everytime I think of you!!!"- Slayer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 11:59:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 11:59:32