Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Newbie needs help painting & decorating

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok Im a newbie here so please forgive my ignorace, I used to create levels for tomb raider using the level editor but have now got this program to design my fiendish story levels on but I am confused by a few things
1) how do I paint walls and floors in a different texture (im using the premade rooms)
2) can you easily import your own textures for walls and floors etc?
3) why do the floor textures appear on the ceiling and the ceiling textures on the floor?

Please help me out here
Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2006 12:00
Quote: "
1) how do I paint walls and floors in a different texture (im using the premade rooms)
2) can you easily import your own textures for walls and floors etc?
3) why do the floor textures appear on the ceiling and the ceiling textures on the floor?"

1) Use segment editor, load up the segment and retexture using a .tga file. .tga's can be created using Adobe's Photoshop or Jasc's Paint Shop Pro. There is a far more indepth guide to it in the forum's just browse/search for the post.

2) See above. It's sort of easy... with practice.

3) This is covered in the manual but not very clearly so Ill redo it in my own word's for you.

To paint floor segments press 'f' and this put's you into 'Floor Paint' mode. Now you can right cick to remove a current floor piece by piece or left click (with your choose floor tile) to place it piece by piece.

For ceilings you press '+' to go the floor ABOVE where your ceiling is and using Floor Paint mode you pain the ceiling tile's.

For example, Paint 4 floor tile's in floor paint more, press '+' and paint another 4. Test build and you should the floor and ceiling. To change the texture's from the prebuilt one's use the Segment Editior and look at the early text in this post.

Good luck with your game!

Tal
Nick T
Years of Service
User Offline
ok read thru the manual, itl tell u everything u wanna kno about everything

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 01:50:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 01:50:35