Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / This mysteroius disappearing landscape

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2006 16:15
I use "Terranim8or", an add-on for "Anim8or" to make some test terrain: Fine

I made a texture file to go on it and saved it as a .tga: Fine:

I copied and edited a .FPE with the correct model (in the corrct format) and the correct texture using the correct paths: Fine

I imported it into FPSC and placed it: Fine

I tested it: Fine

I tried it again with a different terrain with the same number of points: It didn't work

I can't work out what was wrong with it, any ideas?
AE
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2006 17:52
try flipping normals, or looking unde rit to see if you can see it from underneith.

also, when placing terrains, always put a few support tiles below your terrain...its just good practice, and it actually makesa a difference a lot of times.

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2006 20:53
Haven't tried flipping normals but i placed some terrain under it and couldn't see it untila fell off the jump and landed on the support segment. I could see parts of it from underneath (screenies attached), but not all of it.

????

AE

Attachments

Login to view attachments
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2006 09:06
Get yourself above it by placing some floor tiles one level higher than the terrain - then look down. If it looks OK from above then it just needs moving downwards to a ground plane below the player.

If its sitting too high then it would look as in your picture anyway.

I have found the level placement somewhat unpredictable with large terrains especially in FPSC.

If you cant get it where you want it in FPSC just move it downwards in your modeller save back to FPSC ubtil it appears in the right place (height) trial and error will get you there.

Hope that helps

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2006 19:56
I think i've got it sorted, a few problems with some trees but even so...

AE

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2006 15:55
For terrain, I've found using the segment editor a god send - and means you dont have to arse about trying to get the thing to line up properly.

Of course this means you lose the entity options, but its a lot neater.

It also takes a lot longer due to the segment editor process, but for terrain I really recommend it.

Mabuggi

DAB Studios

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 23:11:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 23:11:57