Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Segment Editor Sizing and Mapping?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm just starting to work with the Segment Editor and was curious about a couple things...

1: When making a mesh, is there a specific size for the wall segment? I'm using one of my 3D programs to output a rectangular slab for size testing and they keep importing way too small. I'd like to know what the size of the wall is so I can use that for scaling other segments I will make.

2: What are the individual mapping files used for precisely? I understand that the *N.tag file is for depth illusion, but not sure of the others. Also... Is there a chart or key for what color produces which depth when using the *N.tag file?

3: This is probably a bit more advanced, but can stairs be made in Segment Editor? If so, is it possible to make half-height stairs for low gantry segments?

Thanks in advance!
smoked
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2006 00:51 Edited at: 15th Jan 2006 00:51
1)
Use generic units 100 width and height, you will have to play with the thickness of the wall though.

2)
can't help you here

3)
I would just make a stair mesh and then make it an entity

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 02:29:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 02:29:15