Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Metal Fear Retro (AI ScreenShot)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all,

I have been keeping my works on this project quite fro quite a while havent I!!! So whats been hapning, firstly I am reworking some of teh levels that you may have of seen before to get better dimentions so that they feel more like the original level, I now have a completely new control system thanks to the very kind Hexgear and lastly I am in the heavy development stage of AI development, so far the enemies can patroll paths, spot the player and call for backup, when they die they respawn at there patrol point (only if the alarm has been raised like in MGS) and they can spot shadows and investigate (at the moment it just sets off teh alarm if a shadow is spotted)

here is a screenshot from the AI test programme, the player is shown as the box and the enemy is well the enemy round the corner. Tell me what you think

DaZ
"There is only two ways of this island, the first is in pieces and the seconds with me." -(ReX/DaZ)
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2003 05:08
AI capabilities and quality really can't be determined from a screenshot. But from the sound of it, it's comin along great. I like the shadow detection idea. Do you work with any random probability that maybe the enemy doesn't notice the shadow or are they like super soldiers?

I've played a game once where the enemy knew exactly where you were at all times. As soon as you popped your head around the corner, the enemy popped a bullet in your cranium.

Well, good luck and I must say, this game is coming along nicely.

PS: any chance of you releasing the AI code. I am rather interested in how you accomplished the shadow detection.

If you want fresh underwear in the morning, take it off the night before.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2003 02:12
If you can get the AI and atmosphere right this could be a strong contender

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2003 03:27
lmao... aww you not gonna make the box smaller - that always cracked my up how Snake could fit into like a Tesco's small packing box

was rather cartoony
look forward to playing this later this month

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
LLX
Years of Service
User Offline
"hada hodoka?"
i rember my jap demo of MGS i live them jap soldiers

FurEffect
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok this one is for you raven, I updated the shape of the box to make it closer to the MGS cardboard box. Dont worry bout all the other textures I am updating them now.

DaZ

"There is only two ways of this island, the first is in pieces and the seconds with me." -(ReX/DaZ)
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2003 20:17
Why"s this on the program announcements when its not finished?

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
FurEffect
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm.... my bad, well I assumed as im not going to be releasing a beta it would be more appropriate here.

DaZ

FurEffect
Years of Service
User Offline
Well anyways..here is an early out of the box (lol) screen of the new model by Vprime being used in game, I added my own animations (which are very crap) and the game runs ok-ish im guessing there is a high poly rate on the model, I will update a new picture later with the whole level textured.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2003 23:37
gotta say i never did like that guys modelling...
lmao i liked the box though - lemme get some supermarket name and send it to ya would just crack me up him using a tesco's box or something

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
FurEffect
Years of Service
User Offline
sure ill add it so long as I dont get sued for it. I like Vprimes work its really kewl, what dont you like about it?

DaZ

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 07:06
i dunno ... i just don't like his style of modelling even slightly - i mean nothing against the guy, but he really isn't good at it

i'll see what i can musta up laters - still sitting here trawling through so many lines of network code looking for possible bugs and way to clean it up.
and i've drunk so much coffee i have the jitters
(must like HyperCrow from EarthWorm Jim, now there's a mental image'an'a-half hahaa)

you know i think i still have that model of solid snake i made a spell back just laying around - perhaps i'll package that at the same time

FurEffect
Years of Service
User Offline
You have a model of solid snake? thatd be kewl, I could change vprimes character into something else I had in mind (which im not going to spoil the suprise if )
Good luck with your network code.

DaZ

KamaKase
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, is this project gonna die now that the compo is over?? I was really looking forward to this one....
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2003 02:10
alot of the guys from the comp seem'd to just give up in the last week ... was weird
personally i'd like to see how much of this was actually done, i mean i decided to just stop making the characters and weapons for this cause DaZ just disappeared for a week - no feed back on what i'd done or anything.

you know how annoying it is to work on something and get bugger all response?

also wanna see that elite clone being finished to a working state, was really looking forward to that one.

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2003 03:17
i felt ...... honoured! LOL!

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

FurEffect
Years of Service
User Offline
Yo sorry people I am still alive. I will extract the screenshots from the project a.s.a.p (there on my studio PC) I will be continuing the project but unfortunantly not as my main project anymore. Raven I do apologise for no response on your models, they were indeed very professional... I did reply to what I recieved tho!! howevwer my pop3 email broke about a week and a half before the deadline, I didnt manage to get it back up and going again till very recently, if you sent any model pics or anything during that time then I guess I didnt recieve them so please feel free to re email them as all is well in the email department.

DaZ

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2003 06:48
oki... well i'll see about getting around to re-emailing them then, it'll have to wait a week whilst i sort out my personal project though

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:31:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:31:22