Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Rotated box collision?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2006 14:04
Hi,

So, collision pretty shafted in DGSDK then? Hmm! I tried a few things but couldn't get simple rotated box collision working how I wanted either, so I wondered if anyone else had a solution or suggestions for fast OBB collision? I'm not interested in response, just collision hit between two rotated boxes..

Cheers
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Have a look at the collision library at

http://users.volja.net/fajrvehr/

it is a very simple api, where you can create "collision objects" by passing in all the triangles that make up a mesh. You can pass in the triangles in a virtual box around your mesh if speed is an issue.

Then you can pass a position/rotation matrix each frame and check any colisions.

I had a quick play around with it and it seems a possible substitute for dgsdk (broken) collisions.
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2006 18:15
That looks very interesting.. if you look at it any further I'd be intersted to see how it interacts with DGSDK commands.

Cheers
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2006 23:36
I don't want to go back to DBPRO + old NGCOL just to get collision back Hopefully some of the collision issues will be addressed in the next bug fix. So much potential with this SDK if a few key things get sorted!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 13:23:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 13:23:01