Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I noticed there are many other colored skin for the character sets.

I tried changing the texture property AND the FPE file to another skin file but the new skin doesn't show up.

Ex: aiko_1_D2.dds to aiko_5_D2.dds

I read this link:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=68176&b=24

but still can't get the skins to manifest themselves. I did get one to work but I just name the graphic file to the existing file being called. I know there must be a better and sure way.

Maybe these can't be used? Any help would be appreciated.

"The Honor is to Serve" - Lt. Worf
Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2006 18:42
The way you used (on the one that worked) is the easiest way. Model's have their texture's defined in the .x file (Mesh file) and so to change it you would need to import .x into a modeling package and reapply the new texture. Simply changing the texture name is the easiest thing to do unless you have time and texturing/modelling experince.

Tal
Visual Dave
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually, no. I figured out that the compiler generates a new bin file if the bin file does not already exist. If the file is there, the compiler moves on (sort of like caching). This file contains what texture will be used. If you delete the corresponding bin file associated with that entity, the compiler generates a new one with your texture the new texture file will show up immediate on the next run.

I hope this helps someone else wondering why the texture file is not being picked up.

"The Honor is to Serve" - Lt. Worf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 03:11:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 03:11:44