Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / questions about the sdk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2006 18:35
hi!

like many others i want to improve my c++ but also use the darkbasic functionality further. so i'm thinking of buying the dark game sdk

my questions:

1. does any list or documentation exist, where i can look up which parameters of what types the functions expect? (the commands themselves i know from dbpro, but there may be differences)

2. are there any dbpro commands (especially the new ones like csg) not available in the sdk?

3. how long do i have to wait for the next update? (guess nobody knows )

4. does anyone of you hav bad experiences with the sdk?

thanks
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2006 21:57
Quote: "does any list or documentation exist, where i can look up which parameters of what types the functions expect? (the commands themselves i know from dbpro, but there may be differences)"

CHM file holds the parameters and details of the functions

Quote: "2. are there any dbpro commands (especially the new ones like csg) not available in the sdk?"

Yes - anything to do with arrays, lists or queues, as they were dealt with by the DBPro compiler.

Quote: "how long do i have to wait for the next update? (guess nobody knows )"

No idea.

Quote: "does anyone of you hav bad experiences with the sdk?"

No - except it current doesn't work with 2005.

Blog:http://spaces.msn.com/members/BouncyBrick/
Web Site:http://www.nicholaskingsley.co.uk
Smoke me a computer chip, I'll be baking breakfast.
Kaiyodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2006 16:31
Quote: "4. does anyone of you hav bad experiences with the sdk?"

Not exactly bad experiences, but the fact that shaders don't work is annoying, as is the fact the built-in stencil shadows don't work properly for anything other than very simple objects (i.e. boxes and spheres)

I've managed to code my way around the lack of advanced collision and the lack of functions to set object positions and rotations with matrices, but the shadows and shaders are the two which are a little difficult to fix without access to the internals.

Despite its shortcomings it's still (in my opinion) by far the best rapid prototyping C++ SDK I've used.

Kaiyodo.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 11:38:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 11:38:27