Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DVD and screenshots

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2006 01:57
I'm trying to code a small utility to sample screenshots from a DVD with DarkSDK.

I got the DVD playing, but the thing is, the screenshots are empty, totally black.

I think this has to do with hardware acceleration or something...

Any ideas?

Jonathan

Jonathan
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2006 13:41
hmm, depends where the video renders too, if its the back buffer then you can always grab pixel data manually through the back buffer pointer (dbGetBackBufferPtr() - remember to dbLockBackBuffer() before and unlock it afterwards) - but if you are having trouble using normal techniques then my guess is it doesnt render there.

Quickly browsing the dark sdk help file myself (never messed with dvds personally) I can see one way around this may be

my solution would be to play it to an image, paste the image to the screen each sync so you can view it playing and bind a key to screen grab, when you press it just use dbSaveImage() on that image. I see no reason why that wouldnt work?

Unkelben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 00:27
Hello,

Thanks for the answer. I was already using the dvPlayAnimationToImage function, but the dbSaveImage outputs black images.

I'll try the backbuffer stuff!

Jonathan
Dark Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 03:08 Edited at: 17th Jan 2006 03:08
Quote: "dbPlayAnimationToImage ( int iAnimation, int iImage, int iLeft, int iTop, int iRight, int iBottom )"
- I tried to texture particles that way and got a blank image also.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 21:49:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 21:49:50